SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I clean the algae from my spark sitting in the water for a few weeks? I tried vinegar and a hose didn't work. Would a pressure sprayer work? I was also thinking of using muriatic acid but not sure if its safe for our plastic hulls. Any thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
How do I clean the algae from my spark sitting in the water for a few weeks? I tried vinegar and a hose didn't work. Would a pressure sprayer work? I was also thinking of using muriatic acid but not sure if its safe for our plastic hulls. Any thoughts.
Try using 70% isopropryl alcohol or GooGone. Buy it at local drug store.

I was using GooGone and a toothbrush to scrub and it was getting black scuffs and everything off the white plastic! Use papertowel to rub it off then use 70% alcohol and spray some on and clean it - worked wonders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
i use vinegar, brush, and hose take the algae off and it depends how much or how long you go between cleanings. I take mine out of the water every other weekend so I can take off the algae. It takes multiple times but the vinegar is the best option, just need to scrub thats all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
if it is truly algae, then any pool algaecide will work fine. dilute it a lot (like 1 part in 20 parts water)

you can also use 'wet and forget' (from costco or hardware store) which works great (its an algaecide)

once the algae is dead, a good spray from a hose will clear away the dead algae.

use wet and forget on algae on my sailboat. works great, very inexpensive

If it is mold, or other growth, you will need another product

mold is cleaned with bleach (10% concentration in water)Don't use full strength. marine growth can be killed with hull cleaner (acid). unsure if it will damage the hull, however
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I use muratic acid. It eats anything organic, including you, so wear gloves and a mask. I put it into a cheap bug sprayer and rinse it after a few minutes. Works great and will not hurt anything non-organic including upholstery.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top