SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you need tools to read/write tricore bosch ecu. spark ecu (along with other seadoo) is me17.8.5.
if you understand the following how-to, im sure the above ^ is something you are already very familiar with.

read e2p file.
find "Logistic Programming Bytes". this is very easy. just search the hex for "88".
you should find something like this: "01 20 88 00 36 31 46 47"

change: 88 > 89, 31 > 30.
36 31 46 47 = 61FG in ascii. yours may vary a bit. the main point to this is to change the 1 to an 0.

reflash e2p. in your candoo, change "Model Number" to match the manual change you made earlier. 60FG in my case. this should rewrite the e2p file and correct and chksum faults from the manual edits. even though no e2p of chksum faults were present in ecu.

reinstall to ski. enjoy your new modes.

**WIP**
additional: according to: http://magelan.net.ua/publ/brp/diag...park_60_hp_up_to_90_hp_with_megatech/7-1-0-28, 2 other edits in the "Variant Coding Byte 1" is required. i assume this removes the torque limiter found in the 60hp ecu stock.

i believe i have found this as well, however i have not tested yet. will update when confirmed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, noob question (Im starting to learn how this work)..

I know that i can buy a BUDS kit and Megatech license but I have worked 20 years with software design and want to do this the hard way haha.

Do u use a IXXAT CAN interface to read the information in the ECU and then change in the dump?

We need a easy interface to control or change the sparks to 90HK before every race in sweden.. Vtech didnt want to help us with this.

Maybe I can build a simple software to change like Rev-limit and Torq-Limit before race.. and after race we will restore the settings..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this something that one of you guys can do? Would love to send my ecu and be able to get the stock 90hp settings! Im sure it would be significant cheaper than vtech as well!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll have to brush up on this in regards to the software you're using to edit but it seems fairly simple, you're amazing! Can't wait to hear if that brings it to 90 hp!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there people who have done this? I'm not much for programming like this. Should I stay away, or is it something easy enough that I won't brick my ski so to speak? What all is needed to do this?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are there people who have done this? I'm not much for programming like this. Should I stay away, or is it something easy enough that I won't brick my ski so to speak? What all is needed to do this?
I did it 2 weeks ago using megatech buds and the MPI-2 Adapter, Try to befriend someone at your local dealership and get them to borrow the adapter, the get a 7 day trial for the megatech and your good to go.

Or pay some insane amount like $1000 for the adapter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts