SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to X-Treme Spark and xdrian for pictures and tips posted in other threads. This is quite an easy DIY project - all it involves is undoing the cover just below the handlebars (just above where the storage bin goes) by unscrewing one Torx bolt.

The GoPro Handlebar mount is ideal for ANY camera. It looks as if it was custom-made for the Spark:
http://shop.gopro.com/APAC/mounts/handlebar-seatpost-pole-mount/GRH30.html
You will also need a tripod adaptor if you wish to use a camera with a conventional tripod mount. Get a good quality one instead of the cheap, plasticky one shown in this photo:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Tripod-Adapter-Monopod-Camera/dp/B00FZMIOQ0[/ame]

Some tips:
1. If you mount the camera looking directly forward, you don't see the nose of the Spark. As a result, when you ride up a wave, all you will see is sky in your picture.
2. When using a heavier camera, don't forget to tighten all the joints on the mount using a screwdriver and not finger pressure. This prevents the camera from falling sideways or backwards when riding hard.

Pictures attached are:
1. Installed Handblebar Mount and Adaptor.
2. Sony Action Cam
3. Sony GWP-88VE - My preferred camera.
4. Sony GWP-88VE
5. Just being silly and seeing if a Canon 70D can be attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Arabella, that's really cool. Thanks for the write up. You'll have to post up some videos or shots you've gotten with the mount.

I've also mounted the 3M sticks and those have worked really well. Got one mounted on the nose like BASohol and on the rear deck. Work pretty great

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Great write up
should come in handy for most folks
can't wait to see some feedback and whatever tips anyone else has

·
Registered
289 Posts
I always recommend using the GO Pro. One big reason is that it is water proof. That and its small and easy to use.

Is that Sony camera water proof too?

·
Registered
236 Posts
How stable will the picture be in that setup? I don't have a gopro so by my thinking wouldn't it be better to wear on your head? I've seen a few Go-pro videos hard vehecle mounted and it gives me some wicked motion sickness all the bouncing trying to see what's going on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always recommend using the GO Pro. One big reason is that it is water proof. That and its small and easy to use.

Is that Sony camera water proof too?
The Sony is waterproof:
http://www.sony-asia.com/product/hdr-gwp88ve

Fantastic camera that I used for everything. It can also zoom!
1. Heavier than an action camera or GoPro, so the mounting needs to be extra tight, otherwise the camera tilts on the tripod.
2. Any ski mounted camera is going to restrict you with regard to what you see. Will also have some bumpy pics. The only way to overcome this is with a chest or helmet mounted camera.

Will try and put up some pics and a small video (good and bad) this weekend.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I made a floatation platform for my go pro with a counter weight so it's always upright, you get cool action shots with out worry about hitting any thing but foam
I'll post a pic of it when I can

I was thinking the same idea as you I would like to see you photo of it.
I also was going to put a small flag on the non camera side so can spot easy and know which way it is pointing from a distance

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry for taking so long to upload a video.

I changed cameras to a GoPro Hero4 Silver - this is my first effort:
http://youtu.be/1gl_mQ7io_E?list=UUusuRcU7l_eFTTRqRqGDHFg

YouTube did some automatic image stabilising.

Nice video I started watching and thinking it looks familiar then saw you on the gold coast too.

Are you enjoying your spark ?? the weather is crap with all the rain ATM
how many hours on your spark ?? mine just hit 110hrs it has been good until now got a corrosion problem in main connector due to engine cover faulty talking to BRP for warranty playing hard ball letter to ACCC we see.

well see you on the water one day have a merry XMAS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My first ski. About 35 hours now.
Really enjoying it as a first ski. Light, easy to tow and launch. Fun to ride.
I have a 3up, but the Spark is a single person ski. Too uncomfortable to take a passenger, especially long distance.
The only problem I have is the one side protector coming off constantly. The double sided tape is not strong enough especially if beach sand gets in there.
Also noticed corrosion on the bolts under the seat when I took the seat off while cleaning. Bolts on the top part of the ski, not on the seat.

Waiting to meet you and get out there to see the whales sometime.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My first ski. About 35 hours now.
Really enjoying it as a first ski. Light, easy to tow and launch. Fun to ride.
I have a 3up, but the Spark is a single person ski. Too uncomfortable to take a passenger, especially long distance.
The only problem I have is the one side protector coming off constantly. The double sided tape is not strong enough especially if beach sand gets in there.
Also noticed corrosion on the bolts under the seat when I took the seat off while cleaning. Bolts on the top part of the ski, not on the seat.

Waiting to meet you and get out there to see the whales sometime.

Tip stick some foam on all plastics so if they come off they float easy to find.
Check the plastic clip compared to the other side and catch maybe faulty .
Yes you get some rust on bolts not much you can do just a good hose down each ride and flush.
All skis are better one rider and always a 2up is a good 1 up and a 3up is a good two up.

We get out most Saturdays from sea world ramp for a few hours jumping waves

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you remove the 3M Stick mounts from the spark ? In the event you dont want them more ; you sell the Gopro , etc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts