SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
Is there a way to open the iBR gate when the engine is off?
Or a way to leave it open when I switch off the engine.
Thanks for your help.

Gianluca

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought someone said something about pulling the iBR fuse while its running was an option. Not something you would normally do though.
There is an option in the CanDoo interface to operate the iBR, but not sure if it works on the Spark yet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I thought someone said something about pulling the iBR fuse while its running was an option. Not something you would normally do though.
There is an option in the CanDoo interface to operate the iBR, but not sure if it works on the Spark yet.
CanDoo told me yesterday that you Can Doo that with their interface. I specifically asked about the Spark IBR. I get mine on Monday. When I have a chance to use it, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes, it can be done easily (I found it by mistake while flushing), now if I can only remember it again…. oh, yes, I think this is how it goes:

Start it, rev it (which raises iBR), pull safety lanyard (don't turn off with start/stop). It will stay up until you plug safety back in & turn on.

Did this on both of mine (2 & 3up) and worked. Makes it much easier to see the impeller & wear ring (for scarring) as well as spraying lube on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, it can be done easily (I found it by mistake while flushing), now if I can only remember it again…. oh, yes, I think this is how it goes:

Start it, rev it (which raises iBR), pull safety lanyard (don't turn off with start/stop). It will stay up until you plug safety back in & turn on.

Did this on both of mine (2 & 3up) and worked. Makes it much easier to see the impeller & wear ring (for scarring) as well as spraying lube on.
gixxer, once it happened also to me to have iBR open with engine off pulling safety lanyard but i tried to replicate it again several times buy with no success...
That's why I believe that there should be an easy way to do that.
I need to leave the iBR gate open each time I pick up my spark on the boat and removing fuse or disconnect battery is really too tricky.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If it's like my RXTX IBR , u need to select setting then select IBR then switch to on and u will be able to lift the IBR up and down with out running ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's like my RXTX IBR , u need to select setting then select IBR then switch to on and u will be able to lift the IBR up and down with out running ..
The Spark user interface doesn't seem to allow menage the iBR, I already tried, maybe be there is an advanced settings mode but I didn't find...

·
Registered
7 Posts
gixxer, once it happened also to me to have iBR open with engine off pulling safety lanyard but i tried to replicate it again several times buy with no success...
That's why I believe that there should be an easy way to do that.
I need to leave the iBR gate open each time I pick up my spark on the boat and removing fuse or disconnect battery is really too tricky.

Just got a chance to re-trace my steps. Everything is the same EXCEPT you must quickly re-install the safety once you pull it off.

To recap:

1: Clip on safety
2: Start & rev just enough to trigger Forward motion (which raises gate)
3: Unclip Safety, as it's shutting off, Re-Clip Safety (should beep 2x)
4: iBR Gate should stay up indefinitely until restarted.

Video here:
http://youtu.be/1rrWSwZZrqg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got a chance to re-trace my steps. Everything is the same EXCEPT you must quickly re-install the safety once you pull it off.

To recap:

1: Clip on safety
2: Start & rev just enough to trigger Forward motion (which raises gate)
3: Unclip Safety, as it's shutting off, Re-Clip Safety (should beep 2x)
4: iBR Gate should stay up indefinitely until restarted.

Video here:
http://youtu.be/1rrWSwZZrqg
Unfortunately my Spark is now located far from me and I can not verify your suggestion, may be someone else in this forum can, anyway, it seems to be the solution to my question, thanks gixxer.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Interesting. Thanks gixxer. I remember the first time I took my Spark out... when I got back I wanted to flush it and was trying to figure out how to get the IBR to go up so I could get to the flush port easier. I called BRP and they told me I had to call my dealership and talk to the service dept. Pffft. So I did and they said, no, there is no way to have the IBR go up unless its on. What you said makes sense though about pulling the safety. Thanks for the update Bazza Kake Kooler :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also confirm it. The method really works. The gate stays up. Even when you take the key out. Only when you start it again and stop it the gate will go down.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interesting. Thanks gixxer. I remember the first time I took my Spark out... when I got back I wanted to flush it and was trying to figure out how to get the IBR to go up so I could get to the flush port easier. I called BRP and they told me I had to call my dealership and talk to the service dept. Pffft. So I did and they said, no, there is no way to have the IBR go up unless its on. What you said makes sense though about pulling the safety. Thanks for the update Bazza Kake Kooler :)
You're welcome! No longer the Kake Kooler...I'm over that material for my grille, now using a mesh from a sheet metal shop which won't fall apart, it's already proved itself and when I get the ski back from first service and handlebar recall changeover I'll refit the grille so it's a permanent fixture. Last time out there was a seashell lodged on the edge of the grille (about half the size of a credit card), so there's one example of the grille doing its job...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am new here but I wanted to say thanks for posting this. I just got my spark and I wanted to inspect it more. This will help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried the tether on-off-on trick several times on my 2016 DESS and it wouldn't work. Have to go through iBR override to put the gate up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can confirm that the VTS kit allows you to enter "iBR OVERRIDE" and raise/lower the bucket with the trim buttons while the engine is off. Just another great benefit of the VTS system.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank guys, if you have VTS you can over ride the system without starting it.
1. Turn on the system.
2. Press pull the left brake.
3. Press the red button, it should say over ride.
4. Press the VTS button up till it goes all the way up.

When you finish, just press down and it will go back to it's normal down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts