SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New spark owner here. I bought two of them this year and have had fun on at least one of them.

I am new to PWCs and have had a sharp learning curve when it comes to what not to do. Love the adventure it brings however, so the journey continues on:).

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pure rookie error. We bought a basic 60 hp spark 2 up and had some friends out on the lake to enjoy for the evening. We thought it would be a good idea to tie a rope to the front side of the console piece to pull the ski in and out from shore.

The rope was sucked up into the intake on one of the trips out and ended up ripping itself off of the front of the ski. Fortunately only bruises occurred along with a little rope burn.

While the ski was in the shop getting repaired the steering column safety recall came around and it was in the shop a little longer. Once the shop got the parts and starting pulling rope out they noticed that the rope had burned a hole in the hull (right above where the driveshaft connects with the impeller). This type of damage requires hull replacement, which brought the repair price higher than the ski's value. My insurance company totaled it. We're down to one ski now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So are you going to get a replacement from insurance, or is it your fault so they won't pay for it?

That sounds like it was quite the accident with a rope actually burning a hole through the hull.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're working on getting the actual value and classify it as used (after 4 hours of use). The salvage value is high though since the engine and pump are brand spanking new. Its going to take a few days to figure it out, but they are going to send me a check in the end so I can get another one.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Parts from that wrecked one should be easy to sell since there likely aren't that many wrecked right now, that's if they don't even recover it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts