SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Significant hull damage.. anyone have advice on repair? Just for the record it was caused by a collision, didn't just happen for no reason.
Brp has a repair procedure for the hulls, you make a fiberglass patch for the inside and seal it to the hull with silicone and then rivet it place and then use an epoxy to seal the crack and rivet holes, there are guide lines as to what can be repaired in reference to the size of the crack or hole. your dealer can give you details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 Sea doo Spark ...The dealer in Cleveland Ohio said we were the first ones to come in with hull damage on the sparks. the insurance covered the damage from a sideswipe just incase anybody wants to know what the cost is to repair these Sparks. the bottom hull sells for $1749.99 total cost with labor $3033.62 for replacing the top deck of the Spark parts $1081.99 total cost with labor $1588.77 this work was done at a Sea doo dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
About $500 in labor to just replace the top? That's crazy! I just took the top off of mine. I don't see why it isn't $100 in labor to just replace the top?
not sure if it should be $500 in labor but there is more to it than just unbolting the old top and bolting up the new one, the new top won't come complete, you will have to switch everything over like the steering post, gauge, trim pieces etc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Agreed. When I removed my top, in order to install my manual reverse kit, I then removed the console from the top (4 screws). I was then left with a top that had 2 Sea Doo stickers on it and the seat bracket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.