SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery on a left over 2015 Spark 3up from a local dealer in Chicago. I noticed once we got it down to the lake house that the hull looked smooth but the closer I looked towards the center of the hull at its peak the polytec plastic looked rougher than the rest of the sides. There weren't any cracks, but it looked just more brittle than the rest of the sides. Is this by design?

Is this normal? I am curious if anyone's Spark is smooth on the entire bottom of the hull or is it rougher towards the middle??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This really has me bummed out. I mean I don't see anything structurally wrong with the jet ski, but just concerned that the bottom center of the hull is rougher and doesn't look the same as the sides of the hull.

I don't know if I need to just ignore it and ride it, or take it into a Sea Doo dealer and get it looked at? Issue is after I took delivery I drove it our lake house 110 miles away from the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at this you tube video. At the 3:49 mark they show the underside. If it doesn't look any worse that this then I wouldn't worry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CCkIlJJMU
Wow, that is exactly the same as mine! Thank you for sharing that video. I feel a lot better. I guess the bottom of the hull is just a rougher polytec plastic than the sides. Pheww.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hull (2015) is the same as you described. I'm not worried about. I guess it's normal.
Yeah at first i thought the dealer tried to pull a fast one on me. He kept the one I bought outside of his dealership and I assumed the elements dried out the hull and made it brittle. Glad I was wrong!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.