SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently took my one month old spark with a little over 10 hours on it; has a cracked hull about 8 inches long, to the dealership I purchased it from they could not find any impact damage. I would have known if I impacted something. The only damage is above the waterline where it impacts docks and scratches very easily. The dealership said the engineers from sea doo verified it was impact related and costs over $3,000 for a new hull. I'm questioning the integrity of the hull.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
uh oh

thats not good

so are they repairing it?

if you didnt hit anything i'd question how it cracked

i've been skeptical of this plastic hull myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where do they get $3000 dollars to repair it from??? In the UK the complete bottom hull moulding is only approx $1280 !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's being repaired through insurance at an "authorized seadoo service center", $500 deductible. $1800 for a hull sounds more reasonable. However the shop charges $100 an hour for labor and $100 just to look at it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I really, really hope that crack was not temperature related... feck man $3K for repairs is like half a spark...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how to fight it and that's why I'm posting my experience on this website. It should be warrantied! The dealership was clueless! No impact damage! It is parked in full sunlight on a wihite driveway in south Florida. I think the heat damage is a possibility, however the dealership dismissed it when I mentioned it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yea absolutely in agreement with the other posters @Waandd, Have you spoken with another dealer or called BRP directly. Just because your dealer is being un-cooporative (If its anything like autos they get payed better for retail jobs than they do for warranty) contact someone higher up the chain.. It'll get fixed, not even 10 hours, thats absurd on their end.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Good mentions above. The higher-up's might be able to serve you better and even tell those dealers what they should be doing if they don't want to or dont already know

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was told that the plastic hull is so strong that in tests it was dropped from three stories and didn't suffer damage. I read another report of someone hitting a tree and having no damage. I would also hope that there is a way to repair hull material rather than replacement.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The liability reducing experts probably said "impact" because the way the top part of the crack is pushed in compared to the top.

It's possible something else caused the crack like heat etc, and then maybe the force of the water pushed in the crack to make it look like an impact.

I had the same warranty problem with VW fog lights cracking from excessive heats. Warranties were always difficult because the "engineers", whoever they are determined it was from an impact.

As to repair, I'm not familiar with any plastic that can be repaired. Maybe patched with putty but no telling how well a plastic patch will hold. Downside of not using fiberglass which I've seen get repaired all the time.

Sounds like the standard for us Spark owners is REPLACE HULL. I hope not.

Good Luck!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts