SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I ordered a hydroturf seat cover from the US the other week and it arrived today. it looks AMAZING.

however, I thought it was a slip on seat cover (like a lambs wool cover for a motorcycle seat) - not a replacement for the existing vinyl.
I've organised an appointment with an upholsterer friend of my dad who is going to sort it out for us next week.
my question to everyone here is this:
did you take off the old vinyl and put the hydroturf over the seat, or did you just put the new cover over the existing vinyl?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would love to see some photos of the seat cover since I plan on ordering the same thing. Did you custom pick the materials and colors from the website? If so what did you go with?

I read that its meant to be installed over the original vinyl cover. Not sure how accurate that is, but curious to see how this shop installs for you.

Pics when you can!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I picked which materials/colours I wanted from the Hydroturf website.
the cover looks unreal.
I haven't got it back yet, hope to get it back this weekend & will definitely post pics when i do.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it's all done!
the upholsterer removed the old cover & put the new one over the top of the foam.
the original cover had some white plastic bits on the corners for protection, which he put on my new cover.
i originally though 'oh no WTF did he do that for' but given there are other parts of the Spark that are white it looks pretty good.

here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers - yeah we're really happy with how it looks :)
The yellow bits are vinyl and the black bits are 'carbon fibre' (which is carbon look as opposed to actual fibre)

we decided to not get the 'gripper' style materials because we don't always wear a wetsuit cause it's so hot, and we thought that if we had a grippy seat with bare skin it would actually hurt when you fell off & your skin gripped to the seat.
I'd rather fly right off lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.