SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after 30 min of cruise the iBR light goes on and impossible to use the iBR my ski went in limp mode. I was able to see the VTS display going up and down. When I stop the ski and restart everything is fine for 10 min, can use neutral and reverse. After 10 min the light goes on again... did this until I when back to the marina. I dropped the ski to the dealer they will scan it and let me know.

Any idea?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just called. Service guy told me after scan that Something showed up on the scanner. Doesn't know what it is he can't read what the tech wrote. They need to do further test on it. Also talked about BUDS update. I told him about the possibility of loose connectors.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
If they do find it was a loose connection, put some threadlocker blue on the battery terminal bolts. This kind of thing has happened to me on numerous skis - the older ones would just shut off or not start.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess the battery cables will be the first thing to check when anything electrical start to act up.
It would be nice to have a organized list on this site for things that have gone wrong with the spark and solutions to the problem along with estimated dealer cost to remedy the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loose battery cable

2015 Spark w IBR

Did a bunch of other troubleshooting on the IBR itself -- flushing, tightening, etc.

would run fine and then pop the IBR error out of the blue -- finally came in to check the message boards and some good souls suggested the battery cable.

Sure enough ... loose... tightened it up and been good since.

Thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.