SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here, just want to share this for some user with a dead Ibr. its a $12 or $18 dollar part.
this is on all sparks and some GTI.
This one came off my friends 130 gti with only 60 hours.

Qianson DC 12V-36V 24V 3500-9000RPM 775 Motor Ball Bearing Large Torque
easy fix and you don't have to spent $1000 for replacement.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L6EKGGQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hade the exakt same problem with mine, took an 775 motor from an old rc start box.
have drove the machine for 10 hours since i switched it no problem at all.
Its fun how seadoo wants to charge you a lot of money for a new ibr
just saved my self 1100 dollars here in sweden for a new one

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank YOU, Steve Gel (and Rasmus)!!!!!!,

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, just want to share this for some user with a dead Ibr. its a $12 or $18 dollar part.
this is on all sparks and some GTI.
This one came off my friends 130 gti with only 60 hours.

Qianson DC 12V-36V 24V 3500-9000RPM 775 Motor Ball Bearing Large Torque
easy fix and you don't have to spent $1000 for replacement.

[ame]Qianson DC 775 Motor 12V-36V 24V 3500-9000RPM 775 Motor Ball Bearing Large Torque High Power Low Noise DC Motor for Electrical Tools: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Hey. After u replaced the motor did u have to reprogram anything? My spark is doing the same thing

·
Registered
318 Posts
My wifes just had this problem. I found a motor from a milwaukee m18 shop fan that I stole the brush holder out of . I will test it out tomorrow. The brushes on the stock motor crack off right at the base of the terminal. Kinda fun to take all apart . Not fun when it fails though .

·
Registered
318 Posts
The gate got stuck in neutral . Of course I always carry the tools needed to replace wear ring on the shore so I was able to remove the bolt for the ibr and tie the gate up so we could ride the rest of the day. It wouldnt go over 25mph due to the gate not moving at throttle but was fast enough for her to cruise. The alarm beeped every couple of minutes. Since I see this is a very common problem with all seadoo products I just went ahead and pulled the ibr without looking for trouble codes. I had to disasemble the whole unit which is actually pretty easy once you get it out. Remove the clamps on the shaft boot and remove the hinge pin and then the big nut holding the unit to the hull. You can see in the pic how paper thin the brush holders are.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I took the end cap and brush holder from the donor motor(left) because I didnt want to remove the gear for fear of breaking something and the shaft on the donor was a bit short .

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
We went out on the lake and I had my wife exercise the ibr about 25 times . It works. $25 fix for a $700 problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had my motor show up. Is the removal of the IBR unit fairly straight forward. I was in there the other day with the deck off looking at everything and I remember possibly some bolts from the outside that needed to be removed. Is there any instructions posted anywhere for this part? Thanks all! Looking forward to getting my second Sparks IBR back up and functional for the wife!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I got the new motor in. Old one seemed to work as well. But it did break the threaded rod gear when I put 12v to it. Now to find that rod hopefully. I fear I am going to have to buy an entire IBR unit now though. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts