SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was changing my wear ring and noticed my impeller has some rough edges, burrs, etc. Do you think this is a cause for concern or can I keep using it? Appreciate any advice anyone may offer! 2016 Seadoo Spark HO (No IBR)

·
Registered
33 Posts
it'll be fine until it gets a major chip / bend. those seem fairly normal after a good amount of use. hows the wear ring looking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was changing my wear ring and noticed my impeller has some rough edges, burrs, etc. Do you think this is a cause for concern or can I keep using it? Appreciate any advice anyone may offer! 2016 Seadoo Spark HO (No IBR) View attachment 10136
There are a few issues with reusing this and not replacing it or getting it honed down. It will create a vibration that is harmful to your wear ring and inner seals. It spins at very high rpms. And when it’s unbalanced it cavitates. And you may not notice but anything connected to it will. That’s why in the manual it specifically states when replacing your wear ring to check for imperfections in the impeller and replace it. It’s not to sell parts it can cause major motor issues. Vibrations are extremely harmful for any type of aquatic motor. I’m not being over concerned either I’m being honest. If it was mine I would replace it. With either a really good aftermarket one which is usually cheaper or an oem one. Your going to get it all done and have to tear it down again. It sucks, I learned from experience. One more thing. When you go up to shore mk sure you turn off the ski and slide up. Rocks shells even wood does this. Don’t run it all the way up to shore. The skid plate digs in and picks up stuff and it runs through your impeller that’s why you have dents and a gouged Impeller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts