SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I thought it would be a great idea to buy and install a GPS tracker into my seadoo spark.
Just encase it was it was stolen or if I didn't get home at a reasonable hour, my wife could find out where I am and send out the rescue party.
Wanted to wire the GPS into the ignition system or something as I only want the GPS to be on when the ski is, so as not to flatten the battery.
Not sure how to do this however. Any ideas?

red wire: +
black wire: -
orange wire: acc (apparently not required)

·
Registered
55 Posts
An easy way would be to install a switch inline with the hot wire (red) to disable the gps when you're home safely, or the ski is garaged. Hide the switch somewhere so the potential thief can't find it easily.

If you only have gps powered up when the ski is on, what happens when (heaven forbid) it gets stolen? Wait til they start it to see where it is?

I looked into installing a gps a while ago, but most of them that were worth a **** were $300+. My insurance deductible is $100, so for theft I scrapped the idea.

its still a valid option imo. As they say "safety first". I'm still searching for a less expensive solution

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm pretty sure they use very little power
I would make permanently on so you can find it any time not only when they're riding it you Southaven to be tracking it 24/7 to hope to see t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I thought it would be a great idea to buy and install a GPS tracker into my seadoo spark.
Just encase it was it was stolen or if I didn't get home at a reasonable hour, my wife could find out where I am and send out the rescue party.
Wanted to wire the GPS into the ignition system or something as I only want the GPS to be on when the ski is, so as not to flatten the battery.
Not sure how to do this however. Any ideas?

red wire: +
black wire: -
orange wire: acc (apparently not required)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts