SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Installing Speed Ties

30K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  seadooadmin 
#1 ·
Remove seat and you will see 4 bolts holding on the rear handles. Remove those four bolts with a 10mm socket.

Get some sort of razor or sharp knife and cut the speed tie plate out of the plastic. It is best to do it from the backside so you don't scratch the plastic.

Put the speed tie on the bracket it comes with. You don't have to put the four bolts into the base portion of the bracket yet cause they will go into the grab handle part of the seat.

Slide the plastic bolt cover on the speed tie.

Put the speed tie into position on the grab handle to put the four mounting bolts in.

Reinstall the grab handle and seat. That's all there is to the back speed tie.

See less See more
#2 ·
To install the front speed tie, remove the seat and the safety kit cover, and safety kit if you have one.

There is an 8mm bolt on the top left side of the shiny black plastic piece that the safety kit cover snaps into. On the right side of the trim piece you will see a plastic tab. Pull the middle part of the tab out and the outer portion will come out. Pull the plastic trim piece out.

Get a knife or razor to cut out the speed tie cover piece. Do this from the back side so you don't scratch the plastic. I slipped and scratched it.

Here it is cut out and you can see the scratch.

Put the front speed tie together.

If you have the front splash cover, or the storage that needs to be removed. I forgot the size of the torq, I'll see if I can find it. There are five on the front side of the cover.

If you have the storage bin, just pull it out.

You need to remove the nose of the ski. There is one torqs bolt at the bottom front of the nose piece, then a clip at the back side. Just slide the whole thing forward when the bolt is removed. Careful not to break the clip at the back.

Now you need to remove a few bolts on the black trim piece that is under the nose piece you just removed.

There is one 8mm bolt on both sides along with a torqs bolts.

#3 ·
You only need to get the side the speed tie is on.

Speed tie goes in above that hose. Move it out of the way.

Put the speed tie into place.

Put the brace into place then tighten all the bolts.

Put the bolt cover on and install everything in the reverse order.

I thought I had an after picture, but I don't right now, I'll get one posted up later.

#12 ·
Thanks for the photos, I installed my speed ties today using your step by step pictures. The directions they give you are horrible with the kit. Rear was easy, the front took some time taking apart the front area and trying to move around inside. Taking it out for the first time tomorrow on the Intercoastal, Sunset Beach, NC...

#15 ·
Haven't got to use mine yet, but, I've noticed this with self retracting extension cords. The cord just gets on top of itself then impinges on the inside of the housing. I imagine the same thing is happening to you, especially if it doesn't happen every time. I would suggest pulling the cord out all the way, then letting it in real slow to get the cord to lay real even on the spool again. Might have to do it a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.