SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if it is bad for air to go into the intake because when I get a bit of air off a wave with my finger on the throttle it makes a sound that sounds like it is hurting the engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's totally normal and no concern at all. When you get some air, the engine revs as the impeller loses grip. When you land back in the water the engine slows down as the impeller bites back into the water. Skis are designed to handle this.

·
Registered
379 Posts
as with any ski when you get air let the throttle go as you get nothing anyway, you don't want the prop crank doing 9000rpm when gets back to full grip of the water.
That's when you stress the motor drive line, once landed then grab the throttle good to go.

·
Registered
259 Posts
as with any ski when you get air let the throttle go as you get nothing anyway, you don't want the prop crank doing 9000rpm when gets back to full grip of the water.
That's when you stress the motor drive line, once landed then grab the throttle good to go.
Good point, it's definitely a good idea to try to mitigate the excessive revving if you can. I don't think it's something to spend any time fretting about if you can't though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good point peeler01 just have fun don't stress about it. Some times when you get big air it pays to let the throttle go and grab the handle bars with a full grip not to fall off. LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, i'm kind of new to the sport and I just don't want to in any way hurt the jetski.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts