SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
was out on the river a few days ago, and likely sucked some rocks through. all i know is i now have no forward or backward movement other than idle speed (3-4 mph) and my check engine light screams a few times. impeller spins just fine, has some dents and such but nothing major, yet.

I found a way to keep the clamshell up (pull the master fuse while revving it up) and saw these pieces sitting in the jet.

They resemble to me what looks like part of the wear ring, but I'm not too sure. still a rookie here. if not a wear ring, what do y'all think it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
was out on the river a few days ago, and likely sucked some rocks through. all i know is i now have no forward or backward movement other than idle speed (3-4 mph) and my check engine light screams a few times. impeller spins just fine, has some dents and such but nothing major, yet.

I found a way to keep the clamshell up (pull the master fuse while revving it up) and saw these pieces sitting in the jet.

They resemble to me what looks like part of the wear ring, but I'm not too sure. still a rookie here. if not a wear ring, what do y'all think it is?

wear ring item #20

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like the wear ring seal. That means your wear ring is a gone burger.
You will need to get your impeller tidied up.

You can keep the bucket up by giving it a small rev, pulling the lanyard off and hitting the start button within a second or so.

You check engine light is another matter though. Get that checked out.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I sucked rocks 2x's last year.

The first time I had the dealer replace the Wear Ring and Impeller (700.00) and the second time I did it myself but upgraded to the Stainless Steel Wear ring and Impeller for around $500 and my labor (Not for the non mechanical inclined or those that can dish out the cash to let a authorized dealer do the work) and had I known better the first time around I would have just went stainless steel

I cannot tell if that is plastic or rubber from the photo?

If plastic it is part of the Wear Ring
If rubber it is the gasket (I doubt it is the seal/gasket because it is recessed)

In any event damage to either of these will require replacement.

What you describe about the spark limping along sounds exactly like a wear ring.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts