SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just became a member of Seadoo Spark Riders Group on Facebook which seem to have a ton more info for us Spark riders so check it out.

This one guy posted about a crack happening by where you put your feet. I wonder how common it is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow no bueno, I was out on the Pacific Ocean the other day

Reactions: Straightbangin

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
That doesnt just happen. That is a result of getting air and the ski landing first and then the person landing afterwards...hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That doesnt just happen. That is a result of getting air and the ski landing first and then the person landing afterwards...hard.

Still shouldn't happen. Getting air is the only fun thing to do with the spark. It's uncomfortable so any calm long distance riding is torture, in anything but calm water it's out of the water non stop anyways. It's really just good at jumping waves

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I agree 100%, that is why I bought mine but if you read the manuel it states that it was not built for that. I still jump waves...what else are you supposed to do on a ski lol.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Still shouldn't happen. Getting air is the only fun thing to do with the spark. It's uncomfortable so any calm long distance riding is torture, in anything but calm water it's out of the water non stop anyways. It's really just good at jumping waves
every thing is build within reason, over time manufactures improve on designs to prevent things like that but only if it is something that is experienced by a lot owners, it was definitely a hard landing, try doing a lap on a supercross track on a bike from the 70's, no comparison to today's bikes! but that is evolution!I like the spark for what it is, I don't want a 800 pound pwc!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
serpent - exactly

wrench - I know. right? I couldnt have gotten a better ski for what I ended up paying but I didnt want a heavy/huge one either.

Getting air is the only fun thing to do with the spark.
well.... not the only fun thing to do on it... sex on it isn't exactly boring LOL. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
serpent - exactly

wrench - I know. right? I couldnt have gotten a better ski for what I ended up paying but I didnt want a heavy/huge one either.

well.... not the only fun thing to do on it... sex on it isn't exactly boring LOL. :p

Boat/Beach much better for that. Plastic is no fun

·
Registered
379 Posts
when landing try to land at 45 degrees or close to and you will have a land soft landing.
Tip if you are going to land flat pull up on handles bars and push down with feet and you can change the angle up 30 degrees

Also I stuck down form matting down the foot wells helps you knees and evens the load a bit.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good tips.

When I catch about 4 feet of air I just throw my arms up in the air so as not to put pressure on the handle bars and just hang on with my knees and toes pointing towards the rear of the ski. Woooo! Bucking bronco style! ..... imagine that :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
my best tip is have three point of contact best is two is your hands arms otherwise you will smash you face brake the handle bars and worse than anything else

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple of people posted on the Spark facebook page that their girlfriends swim suits were rubbing color off on the seats. I'm shocked that SeaDoo is covering the replacement of the seats due to this " known problem with the material " To me it sounds like a problem with the dye in the swimsuit on a seat that is white ( will show anything )'

·
Registered
236 Posts
A couple of people posted on the Spark facebook page that their girlfriends swim suits were rubbing color off on the seats. I'm shocked that SeaDoo is covering the replacement of the seats due to this " known problem with the material " To me it sounds like a problem with the dye in the swimsuit on a seat that is white ( will show anything )'

Seats shouldve been black or color matched to the color Spark. My seat is discolored under the sissy strap but I'm not taking it in for warranty replacement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having the same issue. I spoke to my local dealer and they said they have seen quite a few seats come back due to something with the material. Some turned completely brown. Mine is under and around the strap so when I pull it out this year I will just get it taken care of under warranty....

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Seat turned brown under the factory cover... didnt know it would be covered under warranty.... will check on that when i take it in for the handle bar recall

1 - 17 of 17 Posts