SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a mobile electronics installer in Oregon, and i recently purchased a '15 spark 3up. So i decided to try and tackle the audio system i had planned for it.

Kicker PXiBT50.2 bluetooth amp
Kicker KM65 led speakers
Kicker KMLC LED remote

I was origially going to install the speakers where the load limit sticker is, then tried to peel the sticker off and its a "void" sticker. So i changed my plan a bit.

Here are a few pictures, ill take and post more later.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
That looks really cool!
How does it sound when it's out on the water? Can your hear it over the engine when you're running?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Very cool. I never really considered audio because I just figured that it would be at too much risk of getting water damage. I assume that it's water-proof.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a question regarding the speakers. Will they keep water out of the hull?
It isn't unusual that my ski is inundated or upside down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds great even at 48mph WOT. I would love to install for you PM me. I rode hard yesterday and got alot of water on them, then opened the drain plug on the ramp and not a drop of water came out. They are as waterproof as you can get for a speaker. The tweeter is mounted in the grill so the cone of the woofer is solid. I plan on flippin it tomorrow to see how they handle submersion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To the left side of the fuel tank, there is a perfect spot to be wedged in there. I will take a few more pictures next time i have the top off of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did all this cost total? Care to throw up some links? Were any battery mods required?

So the total retail on all the parts is right under $500. $350 without the LED lighting.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-km-series-6-5-2-way-marine-speakers-with-polypropylene-cones-pair-charcoal-white/3896347.p?id=1219607575166&skuId=3896347&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=3896347&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!51320962143!g!M!72777320119&kpid=3896347&k_clickid=32d28c44-4cd2-4b1e-aa8a-831118d31aa7&kpid=3896347&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=32d28c44-4cd2-4b1e-aa8a-831118d31aa7&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg14327&ksdevice=m

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-40PXIBT502-Portable-Bluetooth-Amplifier/dp/B00E8F01RA

Then the LED remote for it was 40. Im going to do the odyssey battery for it next week but the factory radio works fine

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much would you charge for full installation and how would I do it without mailing you my complete seadoo haha? Also would you care to provide like a step by step with pics when you get time? Also post a pic of it with the LEDs on please.

Did you have to put in a different battery? How hard was this exactly?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE! Today i had the system playing at full volume without the engine running and one of the speakers was halfway submerged underwater (due to waves filling the left side). I left if for about ten min to see if the speakers would be effected. They continued to work flawlessly. When loaded up onto the trailer i pulled the drain plug and like always, not a drip of water came out.

How much would you charge for full installation and how would I do it without mailing you my complete seadoo haha? Also would you care to provide like a step by step with pics when you get time? Also post a pic of it with the LEDs on please.

Did you have to put in a different battery? How hard was this exactly?
You could just fly me to you hahaha. It took me about 5 hrs since i had never taken a spark apart before and had no idea where i was going to put the amp or what to expect when i opened it up. I could probably do it in about 2 hrs now. I did have to do some trimming on the inside of the hull so the top would seat right. I will take a bunch more pictures soon of the inside since i was more focused on the fact that i was cutting huge holes into my 1 month old seadoo.

I still have my factory battery in and it seams to handle just fine, in a week or two i will be putting in the Odyssey PC545 so that i can run it on the beach without having to run it every ten min.

You do need a second person available for the removal and re-fitting of the top of the spark, its awkward and heavy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
UPDATE! Today i had the system playing at full volume without the engine running and one of the speakers was halfway submerged underwater (due to waves filling the left side). I left if for about ten min to see if the speakers would be effected. They continued to work flawlessly. When loaded up onto the trailer i pulled the drain plug and like always, not a drip of water came out.

You could just fly me to you hahaha. It took me about 5 hrs since i had never taken a spark apart before and had no idea where i was going to put the amp or what to expect when i opened it up. I could probably do it in about 2 hrs now. I did have to do some trimming on the inside of the hull so the top would seat right. I will take a bunch more pictures soon of the inside since i was more focused on the fact that i was cutting huge holes into my 1 month old seadoo.

I still have my factory battery in and it seams to handle just fine, in a week or two i will be putting in the Odyssey PC545 so that i can run it on the beach without having to run it every ten min.

You do need a second person available for the removal and re-fitting of the top of the spark, its awkward and heavy.

If I had the cash I would! Please upload a vid to youtube I'm anxious to hear the sound quality and volume!

What did you use to seal the speakers where you cut the holes? You think premium audio would be an option on these things. About the only thing missing. Now you just need a N64 hooked up to a slide out monitor on the handlebars >:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a set of foam speaker washers. Thats all the sealing i did. I will take a couple videos tomorrow, one in my garage with the lighting and one out on the water for the audio.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is no acc. I had to put in a waterproof push button switch to turn on and off the amp. I will take a picture sometime this week.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts