SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody has any thoughts or knowledge about lifting & hanging a Spark 2 up (400 Ibs) on the stern davits of a sailboat so i can use it as a tender, I'm not concerned about the sailing performance as my boat is a 56' full keel heavy displacement vessel, simply wondering if anyone has done this? How they distributed the weight between the two davits ( 2 x slings?) any issues? any pictures? is it even possible?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i dont know much about this, but i do know that the youtube channel guy 'i ride 705' makes davits for lifting jet-ski's onto bigger boats and he has some videos about them.

here's a link to one of the videos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if anybody has any thoughts or knowledge about lifting & hanging a Spark 2 up (400 Ibs) on the stern davits of a sailboat so i can use it as a tender, I'm not concerned about the sailing performance as my boat is a 56' full keel heavy displacement vessel, simply wondering if anyone has done this? How they distributed the weight between the two davits ( 2 x slings?) any issues? any pictures? is it even possible?
Hi . I have the same issue. I have a 50ft sailboat whit two Cooney series 8 davits on the stern of the boat and have a 2021 3up in order. I actual have a plan to mount a lifting eyes in the back and front of the «Spark» and support the lifting eye down to the rear engine mounts. Same in the front, structural beams from the front motor mounts tto the towing hook to support a lifting eye in front of the stearing. I have been looking for the same as you, but have not found a better plan . When the Spark is liftetd up I will then «Strap» it thigt and secured under the hull to the Davits. But if you have a better plan I would like to know about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts