SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I had to get my lanyard replace because I lost my it for the holiday and the dealer replaced it and then I went to ride it now, it will no go top speed. It is now going on 34 MPH and before it was hitting 49 MPG.
This was the first ride for this year. Is it possible that the key is program wrong or something else is. I did install new spark plugs at the end of last year.

I am trying not to pull the top off again and check the plugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah sounds like they programmed the key as a learner key, i'd go see them
How can I tell if my Spark has a learner key?

I posted in the troubleshooting forum that our 2016 suddenly is down on power and tops out around 33-34mph. My research says that the learner key option came out around 2016/2017 but I don't know how to tell if ours is equipped with that option.

I can tell you that if you put a magnet on the ball where the key/lanyard goes, you can start the engine. But I know some snowmobiles will start with a magnet but won't really rev unless you're using the proper key.

Here's my troubleshooting post, BTW: https://www.seadoospark.org/forum/290-sea-doo-spark-troubleshooting/17898-2016-spark-3-up-90hp-loss-power-won-t-rev-past-about-6k.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts