SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had one of our Sparks give a long beep and the maintenance required message came up with the check engine symbol, then a few seconds later it went into limp home mode. Repair manual says 3 things can cause it, low oil, exhaust overheat and engine overheat. I checked the oil and it's fine. I checked the exhaust temperature sensor and its within spec as far as resistance, I ordered a replacement just in case. I pulled the pump and the wear ring I within spec, but I'm going to replace just in case. I checked the exhaust cooling water inlet and it's not clogged. I'm going to go through the engine cooling system next. Is there something else I should be looking for?

My question is that if it was an overheat condition shouldn't I have the thermometer symbol on the dash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had one of our Sparks give a long beep and the maintenance required message came up with the check engine symbol, then a few seconds later it went into limp home mode. Repair manual says 3 things can cause it, low oil, exhaust overheat and engine overheat. I checked the oil and it's fine. I checked the exhaust temperature sensor and its within spec as far as resistance, I ordered a replacement just in case. I pulled the pump and the wear ring I within spec, but I'm going to replace just in case. I checked the exhaust cooling water inlet and it's not clogged. I'm going to go through the engine cooling system next. Is there something else I should be looking for?

My question is that if it was an overheat condition shouldn't I have the thermometer symbol on the dash?
I am having a similar issue as of yesterday. Ski ran fine from the boat launch to the beach (500m away) twice shuttling stuff. 20 mins later I hop on to go for a burn and motor wouldn't turn over, cranked twice then indicated "Limp home". Checked battery terminals, pulled the plug and drained engine compartment... any suggestions?

Note: I am new to these machines and don't know much about them, another note, on the weekend while goofing around on the ski (it was running fine all weekend) we had completely rolled it a few times, wondering if there is water in the intake or something? also a good amount of driftwood in the lake, maybe something caught in the jet?

If anyone has any idea what is wrong let me know.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having a similar issue as of yesterday. Ski ran fine from the boat launch to the beach (500m away) twice shuttling stuff. 20 mins later I hop on to go for a burn and motor wouldn't turn over, cranked twice then indicated "Limp home". Checked battery terminals, pulled the plug and drained engine compartment... any suggestions?

Note: I am new to these machines and don't know much about them, another note, on the weekend while goofing around on the ski (it was running fine all weekend) we had completely rolled it a few times, wondering if there is water in the intake or something? also a good amount of driftwood in the lake, maybe something caught in the jet?

If anyone has any idea what is wrong let me know.
Thanks in advance
I’ve been having this exact same issue lately but I haven’t rolled the ski or taken on any water. It usually happens after the ski is anchored and sitting for 30+ minutes. Get back on to go home and it flashes limp home cranks. After 2-3 tries it starts no problem and runs fine. Get back to the marina and try to restart it - no issues starting. I don’t get it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solved my problem lol. Went to Lordco and apparently my battery **** the bed. $110 later with a 12 hr trickle charge she’s running fine again. Word is remove the negative battery terminal when not in use for longer than 3-4 days apparently the Battery life increases.
cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts