SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sea doo spark has 250-260 hours on it its the 2014 2 seater. Over weekend was riding and it ran out of coolant. It did not give me a warning light and ran fine. Shut if off tried to start it later in the day and it would not start or turn over. Took it home took top off that when I realized it was out of coolant. The motor is locked. I can take a pipe wrench and turn the shaft 1 revolution in either way but it wont go farther than that. Not sure where I should start looking to fix this. Any ideas will be helpful.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Unfortunately coolant temp sensors won't read air temps they only read water temps. So if the coolant has leaked out it would have a hard time telling that the motor is over heating. I would be looking for a wrecked spark with a good motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sea doo spark has 250-260 hours on it its the 2014 2 seater. Over weekend was riding and it ran out of coolant. It did not give me a warning light and ran fine. Shut if off tried to start it later in the day and it would not start or turn over. Took it home took top off that when I realized it was out of coolant. The motor is locked. I can take a pipe wrench and turn the shaft 1 revolution in either way but it wont go farther than that. Not sure where I should start looking to fix this. Any ideas will be helpful.
verify the condition of the oil and try to lubricate the walls and see if that helps. remember to try to remove spark plugs when turning the cam, doing with a spark plug in it can cause build up pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.