SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have been riding skis for 24 years now. From the old days on X2's. A number of other ski's over the years. Lots of surf riding, lots of rivers and whitewater on modified skis. I live right next to a ramp, river and the surf so I'm lucky enough to get out on the ski a lot lately.

Now I have two sparks. I love them. For me the light weight and handling make them ideal for my surf riding. They are very cleverly put together, really economical and just what jetskis are all about. I have done 65 hours on one ski and 10 to the other. All in the surf. All's well and with the right care they look to be reliable machines.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi all.
I have been riding skis for 24 years now. From the old days on X2's. A number of other ski's over the years. Lots of surf riding, lots of rivers and whitewater on modified skis. I live right next to a ramp, river and the surf so I'm lucky enough to get out on the ski a lot lately.

Now I have two sparks. I love them. For me the light weight and handling make them ideal for my surf riding. They are very cleverly put together, really economical and just what jetskis are all about. I have done 65 hours on one ski and 10 to the other. All in the surf. All's well and with the right care they look to be reliable machines.
looks like you are getting some good seat time on your spark! I agree, light weight, handling and the economical aspect is everything the sport has been missing for quite some time!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great to have you here on the forum. I'm jealous of all the southern hemisphere people now. Its so cold here in Canada but I enjoy looking at the forum anyway.

Can you do any tricks? You seem like you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, they are meant to be "personal" watercraft as soon as you start loading passengers they become a boat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks,.. I've never been into racing. just not my thing. Can't say that I've got any special tricks either. No backflips or anything. If the surfs big enough I do enjoy gettiing in close and surfing the wave.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to have you here on the forum. I'm jealous of all the southern hemisphere people now. Its so cold here in Canada but I enjoy looking at the forum anyway.

Can you do any tricks? You seem like you know what you are doing.
I'm in the South Island of NZ. While we doesn't get as cold as you in Canada it often isn't that warm either. We often have the best surf in the winter. I find a dry suit is the go in the cold. Worth the money it doubles your riding time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I miss my x2. I had a single mikuni 46 carb some type of aftermarket intake manifold with boysen reeds, some homemade reed stuffers a pjs pipe, miled head scattrack prop. And a little port work. I thought it was real fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts