SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a used 3-up 90HP spark from 2016 that also has iBR from a private seller. The gauge says it only has 43 hours put on it. It's looking to be about $6400 ($8500 CAD) for the seadoo and the trailer. In the pictures it appears to be in good cosmetic shape but am still going to look at it in person and try it on the water. Is there anything I should look at before I had over the money? Is getting a pre purchase inspection from the dealer worth it? Or should I just steer away all together? I would prefer to buy new but with them being on back order and the high quoted price of a new one a similar 2020 or 2021 is out of my price range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Test the IBR relentlessly. That is a major failure point and was an issue on one of the two when I purchased used, I wrote it off as a fluke and am now regretting it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at buying a used 3-up 90HP spark from 2016 that also has iBR from a private seller. The gauge says it only has 43 hours put on it. It's looking to be about $6400 ($8500 CAD) for the seadoo and the trailer. In the pictures it appears to be in good cosmetic shape but am still going to look at it in person and try it on the water. Is there anything I should look at before I had over the money? Is getting a pre purchase inspection from the dealer worth it? Or should I just steer away all together? I would prefer to buy new but with them being on back order and the high quoted price of a new one a similar 2020 or 2021 is out of my price range.
Yes I would second the previous comment. These skis will not run without the ibr in perfect working condition. There is no way to do away with the system. Test everything in the water and make sure no warning lights or buzzers are on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts