SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I rode my buddy's spark. I loved how fun it was and how good on gas it was. I am pretty much sold on it and ready to put a deposit down on a 2016 loaded 3up. But I just have one thing holding me back. I am worried about the hull and the possibility of cracking it. The last PWC I had in my family lasted for 9 years worry free with only one wear right change. It seams like the more I look into the hull cracking the more I find and it scares me off. The other option should be a Yamaha superjet stand up. I would be using either one mostly for just playing around and jumping waves. But it would be nice to have the spark over a stand up in case I wanted to take someone out with me and it also it would be more comfortable on longer rides. In the end I just want to know I am making a solid investment in what I am buying and not going to have to worry about treating it like the hull is made of glass. Please help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are plenty of guys here who do some serious wave jumping on their sparks. My opinion if jumping waves is your primary goal, then perhaps a fiberglass hull would be a better option, but that just my opinion. I like to wave jump also but do not do it all the time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dont worry about the hull cracking. It will break when you collide, but so would fiberglass.
When i got the spark i was really skeptical to the plastic hull, but after a while i learned that its very strong. Ive had some pretty hard landings where the whole machine flexes, but the hull still holds up good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had some pretty hard slams into the water coming off some waves as well. No issues here. As others have said, the only cracks I have heard of are collisions with a dock, another watercraft or rocks in shallow water. Any or all of those would also crack a fiberglass hull.

Go for it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had such hard landings that my wrists hurt and I checked the hull when I took it out of the water and it had no signs of damage or bending anywhere. So I wouldn't worry about the hull too much, just remember to land tail first.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have had such hard landings that my wrists hurt and I checked the hull when I took it out of the water and it had no signs of damage or bending anywhere. So I wouldn't worry about the hull too much, just remember to land tail first.

I've had those, make me cringe every time. But the spark keeps asking for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you do wave jump, make sure you pull back on the bars and dig your feet in. The ski needs to be vertical. Kinda like jumping into a pool straight in, instead of doing a belly flop ;)

I ride in the ocean, the only thing you need to worry about is hitting rocks, and other boats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.