SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Lost my drain plugs and it's a holiday weekend.

29K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Wrench4fun 
#1 ·
Yep as the title says, lost the drain plugs in both my sparks.. How? You ask, well go talk to my soon to be ex-girlfriend, maybe by know she has an answer. But anyway, I need two new plugs if I am going to enjoy the rest of the weekend... Have not found an open dealer so does anybody know the thread size so I can visit the hardware store for a temporary fix?

#4 ·
there is a check valve in the drain assembly so you will be fine without it, its just if there is something that gets caught in the check valve to hold it open that will be an issue, you could pull the hose off the back of the drain plug fitting and double the hose over and put a zip tie over it and tighten it to pinch it off if you are worried, the drain plugs don't have a very good retention on them, its only the last couple of years since they changed them from the old style they had for years that they have been a problem so nothing related to just the spark. I just make sure they are always screwed in, and the only time I take them out is when they sit at home, I always put them back in before hitting the road.

#6 ·
There is about 3 inches of clear hose behind the plug you could use that hose pincher on real easy so it could serve a dual purpose! Take a look at the clear hose behind the plug before it gets to the hull?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.