Shut it off for a while engine light went away
Started running fine after 10 minutes same thing
Any help or anybody have this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have questions too about oil level like you

I don't understand how when you pull the oil stick and the oil always looks like new not black but when you pull out he oil at 50hrs it s black and the stick is still honey colour WTF.

Seams like a lock on flow or something.

I would not trust the stick suck out the oil and measure it and put it back plus some if you need it.

Check the oil sensor plug is tight and not shorting on block some where.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought oil sensor or oil pump
I let it sit for an hour next to my dads boat and headed back to the ramp about 10 miles away in 2-3 foot seas ran fine all the way back with my wife on the back too it's weird
When I got back checked oil show good
When I got it back to the house checked again showed good
This happen to me today at wot

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have questions too about oil level like you

I don't understand how when you pull the oil stick and the oil always looks like new not black but when you pull out he oil at 50hrs it s black and the stick is still honey colour WTF.

Seams like a lock on flow or something.

I would not trust the stick suck out the oil and measure it and put it back plus some if you need it.

Check the oil sensor plug is tight and not shorting on block some where.
when you see used oil in a drain pan it always looks darker than it does on a dipstick, I've seen people wait to change their oil until it was dirty on the stick and when they put the fresh oil back in its basically dirty again, don't forget when you drain oil in any engine you won't get all the oil out of it, so the new oil is basically contaminated right off the start if you have waited too long.

the stick is always right if you follow the right procedure to check it, you can't just pull it out any time to verify your oil level, the machine has to be warmed up to operating temp, (oil volume will increase when it gets warmed) unit has to be level (as its sitting in water), must be allowed to idle for at least 30 seconds or more, shut the engine off and let it sit for at least 30 seconds. if you don't follow those steps you dipstick readings will be off. Best time to check your oil is at the end of the day when you get back to the dock.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it to the dealer yesterday all fluid level are fine and they got the check engine and low oil light to come on
What the came up with is that the oil pressure sensor is no good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts