SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the oil in my spark, pulled 2 quarts out, put 2 quarts in and its barely showing on the stick after letting it run for 5 minutes. Idk what else to do, I don't want to add to much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I followed the instructions, did the oil change and it was still low. Last year I had the oil pan gasket blow out at 7 hours total on the new machine. "had it repaired" and only put 2 more hours on it then put it away for the winter. Later after I posted this, I put an oil absorbent pad down under the motor and 20 minutes after that I pulled it out and it was covered in oil. must be leaking again with 9 hours on it....shi**y customer service and half a** job. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and getting everything straightened out hopfully

·
Registered
185 Posts
I followed the instructions, did the oil change and it was still low. Last year I had the oil pan gasket blow out at 7 hours total on the new machine. "had it repaired" and only put 2 more hours on it then put it away for the winter. Later after I posted this, I put an oil absorbent pad down under the motor and 20 minutes after that I pulled it out and it was covered in oil. must be leaking again with 9 hours on it....shi**y customer service and half a** job. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and getting everything straightened out hopfully
Keep us updated. Sorry to hear that too.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well took it to the dealer, basically said they'll look at it and try to see if maybe they messed up or if something else went wrong. they also had to nerve to tell me it may not be covered under warranty!!! WTF do you mean may not be covered??? the thing is brand new, had 9 hours on it and not even a year old and has been in the shop twice for leaking oil!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well took it to the dealer, basically said they'll look at it and try to see if maybe they messed up or if something else went wrong. they also had to nerve to tell me it may not be covered under warranty!!! WTF do you mean may not be covered??? the thing is brand new, had 9 hours on it and not even a year old and has been in the shop twice for leaking oil!!

It's standard dealer talk for covering their ass. I work at an automotive dealer and we say the same thing. The problem is everyone brings their vehicles in assuming it's going to be warranty. Some thing aren't like customer abuse, maintenance items, and so on. So they cover their ass and say some items may not be covered that way there is no shock when they charge inspection on a customer who is trying to pull a fast one. Not all customers are straight up or as knowledgable about that concern. Don't be too worried about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update, the dealer called me yesterday and said indeed it was their repair from last year, same thing. they believe the tech who worked on it last year didn't torque the bolts to spec. so everything is covered and I also had them clean the whole bottom of the ski out since it was covered in oil and wasn't cleaned last year. In all honestly this past year with the spark as been nothing but a nightmare. dealt with 2 different dealers and the one I bought it from had one in stock so that's why I went there. I don't know if its a BRP issue or just the dealership I went to but it has been a horrible experience. A buddy of mine has the same exact spark and has not had one issue what so ever with it. But it wouldn't be me if I didn't have issues right off the bat! that's my luck unfortunately...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
That sucks man. Sorry to hear of all the troubles your having. I am not a fan of the dealers for the skis and motorcycles. They treat you like garbage because they know you cant really go anywhere else unless you want to drive an hour.
On the lighter side, at least they will be done in time for summer riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.