SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have just picked up a 2015 2up spark, 50hrs. Owner parked it when engine light came on 2 years ago. Turned out to be a corroded exhaust temp sensor plug. It’s had a recent service and oil pressure was tested.
Last night I took it for a go up the river, putted along for about 500m at 25km/hr then opened it up to full speed for 7 minutes before engine sounder beeped and low oil was displayed.
Pulled over and checked oil level, was nice and high.
Started back up fine but then warming came back as soon as I applied throttle.
Nursed it back towards ramp at 20km/hr but it stalled out on me 10minutes later.
Tried to restart but no luck.
Tested this morning, winds over but still won’t start.
Have opened up ski, loom has no signs of rubbing and no oil in bottom of ski, coolant level fine.
Are there any common failures along these lines?
Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
Further development, stripped down ski today and took off rocker cover.
Found timing chain plastic tensioner and opposite guide melted and destroyed.....and timing out.
Is the tensioner hydraulic? Could this be a secondary issue caused by me attempting to get back to ramp on low oil pressure?
This does explain why it doesn’t start.
Btw, oil pressure switch is good, tested oil pressure with gauge and there is no oil pressure on cranking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All sorted, it was low oil, it did some damage to exhaust cam and Luther bits.
The reason why it stalled was the timing chain guides had failed and with the exhaust cam dragging, it jumped a tooth.
Currently rebuilding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts