SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Two questions: 1) Does anyone know: if you don't go to the dealer and have it reset or if you just leave the message on, will it really void warranty??? 2) Is it only the message that scrolls across the screen when you start the Spark (no other indicator on the display)?

The message doesn't make much sense if it isn't called for in the maintenance table of the owners manual. There doesn't seem to be much maintenance on Sparks. I've changed my oil and filter (earlier than the manual calls for) and consistently lubed the cables and bolts: around the exhaust, under the white pop out side panels and the handle bars (steering). I just had the top off in order to install the depth finder and I could not find any evidence of salt, rust or anything wrong.

I know a mechanic who is willing to reset the message for me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two questions: 1) Does anyone know: if you don't go to the dealer and have it reset or if you just leave the message on, will it really void warranty??? 2) Is it only the message that scrolls across the screen when you start the Spark (no other indicator on the display)?

The message doesn't make much sense if it isn't called for in the maintenance table of the owners manual. There doesn't seem to be much maintenance on Sparks. I've changed my oil and filter (earlier than the manual calls for) and consistently lubed the cables and bolts: around the exhaust, under the white pop out side panels and the handle bars (steering). I just had the top off in order to install the depth finder and I could not find any evidence of salt, rust or anything wrong.

I know a mechanic who is willing to reset the message for me...
Mine was 96 hours before it came on

21 - 24 of 24 Posts