SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dealer(B.U.D.S.) or CanDoo can reset. I thought they are supposed to be set to 50hrs on the Sparks. I believe they can adjust them in buds so your dealer may have changed it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will they eventually stop telling you maintenance required after a few hours like the older one do?
No. The light needs to be cleared. It is just a nuisance light though. It doesn't effect the ski at all. Its just a reminder to have it serviced...as long as that is exactly what it is. You are seeing the wrench NOT the check engine/motor light correct?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes you would receive a "check engine" light (that looks like an engine instead of a wrench). It was my understanding that the sparks were supposed to be set to 50hrs. My T-X was 10hrs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife's Spark also had the maintenance required indicator come on after 26 hours. After reading these threads I guess I'm going to explore a vtech or Candoo unit. Can't be bothered dragging the Spark all the way to a dealer just for that. BRP should im prove their design for this type of thing.....ridiculous. Too bad these vtech or Candoo units can't be rented

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmm mine didn't come on at 26 hours? All I did was change the oil on mine at the start of this season. Engine has no issues, starts every time. I have noticed the Spark seems to hate hot weather more than any other Ski I've owned. Mine is down about 5 MPH when it's over 85 degrees out and I'm not a heavy rider either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.