SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have the Maintenance Required Light come on at about 26 hours?

What all could it be referring to when it does come on and And how can one reset it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dealer(B.U.D.S.) or CanDoo can reset. I thought they are supposed to be set to 50hrs on the Sparks. I believe they can adjust them in buds so your dealer may have changed it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will they eventually stop telling you maintenance required after a few hours like the older one do?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will they eventually stop telling you maintenance required after a few hours like the older one do?
No. The light needs to be cleared. It is just a nuisance light though. It doesn't effect the ski at all. Its just a reminder to have it serviced...as long as that is exactly what it is. You are seeing the wrench NOT the check engine/motor light correct?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct Stuckmoto. Not be able to reset it yourself should be illegal. My dealer is 2 hours away. There should be a way to do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yup always a way with a tool like the vtech programmer, it's like this across the board, even with cars, but of course with a tool that's meant for cars.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Its a set time programmed into your ECU.
After just 26 hours? I thought you would get more riding time than that before the light goes on. Regardless, its not like something is actually wrong. Is there a different light that would come on if there was an actual problem that the ECU detected?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes you would receive a "check engine" light (that looks like an engine instead of a wrench). It was my understanding that the sparks were supposed to be set to 50hrs. My T-X was 10hrs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife's Spark also had the maintenance required indicator come on after 26 hours. After reading these threads I guess I'm going to explore a vtech or Candoo unit. Can't be bothered dragging the Spark all the way to a dealer just for that. BRP should im prove their design for this type of thing.....ridiculous. Too bad these vtech or Candoo units can't be rented

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmm mine didn't come on at 26 hours? All I did was change the oil on mine at the start of this season. Engine has no issues, starts every time. I have noticed the Spark seems to hate hot weather more than any other Ski I've owned. Mine is down about 5 MPH when it's over 85 degrees out and I'm not a heavy rider either.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oil changes are required at 100 hours or each season. The light shouldn't come on before then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts