SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone dig up a video of the manual brake/reverse working in the water? I've seen the installation videos and it was shown in a promo video for a split second. I just want an idea of how it actually works in the water. And has anyone tried to extend the cable up to the handlebars and make a lever on the left grip? Similar to the throttle lever. I would imagine you need a longer cable.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can anyone dig up a video of the manual brake/reverse working in the water? I've seen the installation videos and it was shown in a promo video for a split second. I just want an idea of how it actually works in the water. And has anyone tried to extend the cable up to the handlebars and make a lever on the left grip? Similar to the throttle lever. I would imagine you need a longer cable.
sorry, I never made a video of the one I had...you just pull up on the lever from the console, if you pull the lever part way you have neutral and pull it up all the way for reverse, the lever just controls the reverse bucket on the pump that gets installed with the reverse kit. I don't think it would be impossible to have it operate off of an handle bar lever but the whole system would have to be reengineered to work, there is an alternative to the manual reverse kit that gives you a lever on the bar...Ibr, it would likely cost you less in the end to just buy one with Ibr.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, I never made a video of the one I had...you just pull up on the lever from the console, if you pull the lever part way you have neutral and pull it up all the way for reverse, the lever just controls the reverse bucket on the pump that gets installed with the reverse kit. I don't think it would be impossible to have it operate off of an handle bar lever but the whole system would have to be reengineered to work, there is an alternative to the manual reverse kit that gives you a lever on the bar...Ibr, it would likely cost you less in the end to just buy one with Ibr.
I already own the ski so IBR is out of the equation. I watched the installations videos so I have a good idea of how it works, I just wanted to see how it went in the water. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts