SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I know someone at a dealer that will let me borrow their MPI-2 to upgrade my 60HP spark to a 90HP+. Is this still a safe/viable way of upgrading the spark? I know someone posted a tutorial how to do it before but I'm wondering if maybe BRP stopped this for some reason.

Just wanted to know before I spent money on a megatech licence.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have done this on four skis.

This is easy and i havent had a single fault on any of the skis.

So i would say go for it...

And you dont have to get the licens just ask for a trail license and you will get a free 7 day trail. but you need the serial number on the MPI-2 and you also need to "redeem" the trail within 24 hours.

I can send you an inbox message how to do it if you need.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have done this on four skis.

This is easy and i havent had a single fault on any of the skis.

So i would say go for it...

And you dont have to get the licens just ask for a trail license and you will get a free 7 day trail. but you need the serial number on the MPI-2 and you also need to "redeem" the trail within 24 hours.

I can send you an inbox message how to do it if you need.
woo, Thanks for the 24hours heads up, I was planning to do it this weekend.

And yeah if you could give me a tutorial on how to do it all that would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is a quick guide for your megatech thing.

i always make a copy of the original software file before starting. Just in case you fuckup somewhere along the way.. its a "save as" button like every other app.

1. Open advance tap then ECM CODING
2. Tick OFF "Power limitation" and "engine variant" then write data (do that after each step)
3. Open ECM CODING 2 change "88" to "89" write data
4. Go to Vehicle tab change the model to "00060EA00" write data

Now you are done with Megatech... You have changed it to a 90hp BUT you are not done, if you try to start your ski now you will get engine error... So now close the megatech thing and reopen the application, now start it in "PWC DEALER" and clear all error/fault (its just a button)

NOW you will not receive the error anymore - reset throttle position (also just a button) AND you are done.

remember to write data. if you get a error while changing something in the first steps just reopen the software. it happened on a few of my skies (lost connection after writing data for some reason)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a quick guide for your megatech thing.

i always make a copy of the original software file before starting. Just in case you fuckup somewhere along the way.. its a "save as" button like every other app.

1. Open advance tap then ECM CODING
2. Tick OFF "Power limitation" and "engine variant" then write data (do that after each step)
3. Open ECM CODING 2 change "88" to "89" write data
4. Go to Vehicle tab change the model to "00060EA00" write data

Now you are done with Megatech... You have changed it to a 90hp BUT you are not done, if you try to start your ski now you will get engine error... So now close the megatech thing and reopen the application, now start it in "PWC DEALER" and clear all error/fault (its just a button)

NOW you will not receive the error anymore - reset throttle position (also just a button) AND you are done.

remember to write data. if you get a error while changing something in the first steps just reopen the software. it happened on a few of my skies (lost connection after writing data for some reason)
Thanks a bunch! I sent you a pm, I need help with something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First, I’d like to thank all the people that had shared information about how to upgrade Spark 60 hp to 90 hp, it was very useful for a beginner like me.

When trying these steps, make sure your seadoo battery is in good condition (charged) and also make sure your laptop battery will not die on you. It takes less than 5 minutes to upgrade your Spark from 60 hp to 90 hp.

The example given by Christoffer is based on a 2015 orange spark. So remember, your model may be different from us. The model number is changed from 61xx to 60xx. (xx = these digits are not changed.)

In my case (Spark 2015 2-up 60 hp), I had to do an extra step which hasn't been mentioned anywhere on the web. Therefore, I'd like to add this information to this thread in order to help beginners which could encounter the same problem as I did and are not familiar with the software.

After step 4, I had to change the "Security Coding" of the cluster so it matched the ECM if not Fault Code U0300 (“Exchange security - Wrong ECM”) will be triggered :

Code:
[B]Fault Code U0300[/B]
Incorrect ECM or multifunction gauge for the engine.
Installed part is not appropriate for the vehicle.
Using BUDS, check if the security coding of the cluster 
is matched with the ECM security coding.
Engine will crank but will not start.
Refer to PARTS CATALOGS for proper part according to vehicle.
Go to the menu : Module > ECM > Information

Our modification has changed a couple things in the ECM…
(These numbers are for Model Year 2015.)

BRP Assembly Number 420666263
Rotax Part Number 666263
Module Compatibility Identification: 0089666263
External Compatibility Identification: 0089666268 (*needs to be changed)

As you can see, both External Compatibility Identification and Module Compatibility Identification no longer match. In other words, the Cluster (0089666268) needs to be "married" to the ECM (0089666263) to prevent Fault Code U0300.

Go to the menu : Module > Cluster > Security Coding...

old value: 0089666268
change to new value : 0089666263

Save it. Write data.

To check if your cluster is married to the ECM.

Go to the menu : ECM > Information

Module Compatibility Identification: 0089666263
External Compatibility Identification: 0089666263

Clear Previous Occured Faults: U0300.

Now, you can crank the engine and it will start with « Touring mode » appearing on the Cluster. Activate « Sport mode » and enjoy the ride! >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.