SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messed with plasti dip. The seat is off being reupholstered to be black. Was interested in the Riva seat cover but hated the brand logos...found out I can have it reupholstered for 1/3 the price.

I did the three white pieces (knee pieces, handle bar). Seems like it should stay on for quite a while. Masked off the front just to make it a bit different, like it quite a bit.

Also finally got the boat registration numbers put on. By my states standards, there shouldn't be any legal issues but I have some spare black letters in case game fish and parks wants to hassle me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I was trying to keep the deck lid less cluttered. Per my states regulations I should be alright but, as I said, I do have black letters if Game, Fish, and Parks wants to hassle me.

In every image I found, they'd be above the water line while sitting still.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I like it with the logo seeing how they made an area specifically for it, without it to me it seems like something is missing

·
Registered
233 Posts
It looks really nice just after you finished it, but i wonder how long the plasti-dip will stick on there once you take it out on the water some. If it sticks well than I would do this instead of paying a lot extra for on e of the vinyl wraps that Sea-Doo is selling.

The registration number looks like some type of Soviet military designation on the side of a vehicle.

·
Registered
916 Posts
nice! do you drive it in salt water? i dont like how the seat, side panels and tip of steering is white either so i like your decision. are may be the official spark plasti dip guinea pig :) let us know how it holds up! :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just learned about this stuff myself Starkeeper. This video tells a lot about it. It comes in can of flat colors it seems and you can get another one to make it more glossy. If you want to have a chameleon effect or a glitter effect there are powders you can mix in but then you have to buy a sprayer. I may do it to my scooter down the road.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I did the same. 2 coats plasti dip black- 2 coats silver metaliser.
I finished with a couple coats Krylon ( Bonds to Plastic ) Gloss because it seals it up better and with a harder finish than the Plasti Dip Gloss.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
not gonna lie, i thought the side panels and top of steering wheel should have been made black or the color the spark came in. seat too :p i feel like the white kind of throws off the color scheme. (unless you have the white spark of course)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would have to agree, i have the orange crush one 3up, the white seat will be changed, i dont like the white side panels or the handle bar cover. will look into the plasti dip to "paint" them

·
Registered
916 Posts
I plan on plasti dipping mine down the road with the metalic glittery looking chameleon ocean blue on those parts and the parts that are yellow right now. First I'm going to try it on my 49cc scooter though. Down the road meaning when I haven't just spent a ton on my ski and marina fees and completed all my other zillion projects first :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks like everyone is hoping on to the plasti dip bandwagon.

If you layer it enough its actually quite durable.

And there are so many colors and textures.

Metalizer!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Ive had mine done for about 3 weeks now, holding up well to the water (both salt and fresh) only thing it doesn't hold up well to is docks. Nothing that cant be touched up though

1 - 20 of 38 Posts