SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

More storage space

16K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  mattjt21 
#1 · (Edited)
More storage space

The under seat area is good but with the moulding for the fire extinguisher made use of this area not so big.
See photos the small cross plastic moulding cut out with heavy duty side cutters and the just file sand or use a dremial to finish off.

Lets store more longer items like flares and V sheet safety

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
In Australia you are not required to carry a fire extinguisher, but 4 flares and a safety V sheet to be legal and a life jacket.

It is easy to get at and doesn't get knocked about with the padding.

I had to cut the handle of the flares to fit in before and was still a tight fit after seeing the under seat inspection mod gave me an idea, to cut it out as it adds no structural strength to the hull and I am almost out of warranty and can't been seen

#12 ·
I also thought of cutting those bits out under the seat to fit in flares
but as my spark is only a few weeks old thought I would find some other way
to store my flares.

So i bought a sea doo safety kit, and used a hack saw to cut off about 10mm off
the bottom of the container. Then I glued a piece of 90mm pvc pipe in to make the container longer.
Now my flares and v sheet fit in the waterproof safety kit and it still fits in its holder in the ski.

The torch, whistle, rope and buoy that come with the safety kit all fit under the seat.

Attachments

#13 ·
Hi, in France if you go no longer than 2 miles, you're not obliged to have an extinguisher, but since 2015 some news laws for increase the safety about PWC change the number of security item, now with evolution on PWC(power/tank capacity/four stroke) with the first boat driving license(Cotier/Shored) you should go to 6 miles, but you need = 1 extinguisher/1 light on each life-vest/1 compas and card--may be electronic), but like the other Spark rider, in case of you must escape our jet fired...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.