SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is basically just to vent...

It's been quite an interesting first month with my Spark. I've had it for 26 days now, and it's currently out of the water for the 3rd time to get worked on.

2 weeks ago I sucked up something on a Saturday morning. Couldn't get a new wear ring until that Monday, so I didn't have it all weekend. Fixed it myself and was good to go.

The following Saturday morning I was riding and then all of a sudden a loud warning noise was accompanied by a "Voltage" warning on the display. I killed the engine. Subsequent attempts to crank the thing didn't work. The display turned on, but I got nothing when trying to start the engine. Got towed home and sent it off to the shop. They said it was something to do with the ground wire and wires coming loose. I got it back today....

Was really stoked. Put it in the water and then got a "Check Engine Temp" message and the ski just stopped after 10 minutes of riding. It stayed cranked, but simply came to a halt. Couldn't accelerate for more than 5 seconds before the same thing happened. Waited 10 minutes. Cruised around for 3 or 4 minutes and then bam, same thing happened. WTF. Took off the access panel and hardly any heat came out. I'm thinking it's something electrical that is tripping the sensor.

It's currently on the way back to the shop. Again. I'm pretty bummed. I don't even have 10 hours on this thing yet. This is my first time owning a watercraft and it's not been a good experience so far. First world problems, my jet ski won't work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bad batch maybe? That blows man, these things are really awesome when no problems occur. I hope you get is sorted out and on the water for some good old fashion fun

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm so sorry. One of the reasons people get new vehicles vs used ones i so they don't have to think about things going wrong for a long time. What a pain in the a s s !!! I don't have a car or trailer so if i needed mine shipped to the dealership for work I'm looking at $150 round trip! You'll get through it, just take it one step at a time and I would seriously write to SeaDoo, the owner of seadoo, etc. and tell them about these issues, show receipt copies etc. and ask if there is anything they can do to help compensate you for all these issues ( ie.. a gift certificate to seadoo or something. it can't hurt to try. good luck!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a call from the dealer...the thermostat sensor or whatever it's called was bad. Picking it up in two hours. Hopefully this is the last problem for a while.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can it maybe be that it broke during the loose ground. I know it can damage electronics if you'll get "backflow" of electricity.

Anyways it sucks, especially when you get this downtime. :-(

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel your pain! We had a very similar experience in our first 3 weeks! (minus the thermostat sensor) I was beginning to wonder if we had purchased a lemon! If it's any consolation, once we got the wiring issue fixed, we haven't had any other problems and have had a blast on our Spark! Hope things get better!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The electrical issues seem to be all fixed. Put about 3 hours on it today and it ran like a champ. Gas I love this thing.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Awe. I know all about trust issues from driving my unreliable scooter. It made me feel better once I got AAA for it. I also signed up for boat US which is like AAA for boaters. Check it out and make sure you have a hose clamp on board to clamp off the hose if you ever need a tow ( it talks about it in the manual ) hopefully things are better for you guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts