SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Just bought a brand new 2015 Spark 3up with iBR. I've never owned a PWC before so I'm still learning the ins and outs and terminology... so bare with me!

I only have less than 2 hours on my machine and this weekend I got a piece a rubber sucked up and it's hung up between the ring and impellar. How easy or difficult is the job to remove the debris and possibly replace the wear ring? Are there any other issues I should be concerned with now?

Also, when I have 3 people on the ski the front end comes up.. trim, right? It seems very unstable and would want to roll over (especially at low speeds). Does the VTS help out with this? And is that easy to install?

I appreciate any info you guys/gals may have!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Grab the piece of rubber and pull it out. Try to move it along the impeller blade to avoid bending the impeller. Rubber shouldn't damage the wear ring.

As far as 3 riders - VTS helps some to keep the bow down if you trim all the way down. VTS is also nice to trim down when riding solo in chop - helps smooth the ride and keep the pump hooked up. You can trim up to get air going over waves and doing stunts. It is easy to install. It's a nice feature, but not essential. As an experienced rider, I was missing it before I had it, but it doesn't affect the attitude a great deal until you're really riding hard, getting full 360 spins etc. I was used to riding with it, so I wanted it. My more novice friends barely pay attention to their trim.

The biggest thing with multiple riders is getting on plane. Hit the gas and get out of the water, then back off the throttle to a comfortable cruising speed. Once you're on plane it's tremendously stable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.