SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the new comfort seat? Is it worth the extra $?

I love my spark, but that seat is a bit thin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't speak from experience yet but I was eyeing this even before I bought mine. Your back and butt will be able to tell you if it's worth it. I'll need it to keep SWMBO happy when 2 up.
I'm hoping the aftermarket offers a version or seat covers for it, not crazy about grey/black to replace my Mango seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I’ll just have to bite the bullet and go give it a try. The dealership is quite a drive for me, but they do have one in stock. When I ride solo my butt barely touches the seat so NBD, but I just got engaged it’s those 2up rides down the shore for dinner where I worry about broken tailbones on a boat wake.

I was a bit put off by the colour as well.not so much for looks though. I have a pineapple spark, the dealer sent a pic of the seat on one in my colour, it looked ok. My biggest worry is leaving a black seat in the sun and replacing bruises with burns.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess I’ll just have to bite the bullet and go give it a try. The dealership is quite a drive for me, but they do have one in stock. When I ride solo my butt barely touches the seat so NBD, but I just got engaged it’s those 2up rides down the shore for dinner where I worry about broken tailbones on a boat wake.

I was a bit put off by the colour as well.not so much for looks though. I have a pineapple spark, the dealer sent a pic of the seat on one in my colour, it looked ok. My biggest worry is leaving a black seat in the sun and replacing bruises with burns.
They have them on Amazon $239

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon won’t do for a few reasons. First, I want to try it before I drop that much on it. Second, I have a unique work situation where I can get my employer to cover $200 of the cost but I’ll need the transaction broken up into 2 receipts. And Third, I’m in Canada, there are no Amazon sellers for that seat that are willing to ship here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... I bought it.

Went down to the dealership on Saturday. They had one in stock and I was able to try it side by side with a stock seat. Seemed quite an improvement.

I pick it up Wednesday. Stay tuned for the ride report at the end of April.

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Just bought a 2018 Demo Trixx 2up and debating on adding the 3 up comfort seat and 3up rear deck so I can puller skiers on my lake. Private Illinois lake and they require 3ups to pull tubers.

Anybody have info on what you need to convert?

Jeff M

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm thinking about it, but I think it only comes in black/gray, so I would need to take it for a custom upolstery job, which will probably double the cost. I rarely even sit on the seat when I ride my Trixx anyway, pretty much only for the slow zones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm thinking about it, but I think it only comes in black/gray, so I would need to take it for a custom upolstery job, which will probably double the cost. I rarely even sit on the seat when I ride my Trixx anyway, pretty much only for the slow zones.
I have a spare 2 up seat. Only used 1 year. It is flawless. Willing to part with it if anyone wants to mod it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ordered my comfort seat today! Also got new handgrips in black. I am going to keep going and get rid of all the chili pepper red decals off my trixx. Plan to plastidip the removable side panels. Will post pics if I can figure out how.

I'm thinking about adding the cheesy shark teeth decals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't love a thin seat, and the color is red. I dislike red thinking about to change it. I love black but don't know where to start.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well... I bought it. ... Stay tuned for the ride report at the end of April.
Hey, @Kevy! So, please give us an update on your new comfort seat - do you think it is worth it?

My gal is “over” spending anymore than 20 minutes on the stock seat that came with our 2019 2-up TRixx (but then, she is spoiled normally riding a ‘18 Yamaha VXR :laugh: )

She likes the idea of keeping the stock seat since it will probably keep any of our weekend visitors from “bogarting” the TRixx when we have other guests on the dock, waiting for their turns to play BUT, she has made it clear: I need to find a better seat if she is gonna ride the TRixx much ...

So, appreciate your ride report, bro!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately a combination of poor health and horrible weather have combined this spring and I have not been able to get on the water even once yet. Maybe in another week or 2

·
Registered
56 Posts
Unfortunately a combination of poor health and horrible weather have combined this spring and I have not been able to get on the water even once yet. Maybe in another week or 2
Oh man, to heck with the weather - here’s wishin’ you 100% health ASAdangP!!!!

Take care of you man!

·
Registered
1 Posts
An improvement

So, I have two '18 Trixx 3 ups. This season I put comfort seats and mirrors on both of them. I have to say the Sparks are a naturally bumpy ride, and I think after a time you'll start to experience a bit of discomfort with any seat. Having said that, the comfort seats do make a noticeable difference. I can probably ride about twice as long now before starting to feel it in my butt and back. Also, it's worth mentioning that I bought the seats and mirrors all at once from the dealer and got about 20% off. Saved about $180 on the whole package. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts