SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Been lurking the forums and finally decided to join. Just went to the dealer today and paid for my spark. I should be getting it the end of next week. I got the 2 up 60hp in orange with the convenience package.

Decided to go with the 60hp instead of 90hp after reading the engines are the same. I'm going to order the vtech module and tune so I have it once my break in period is over. Then after that I'd like to get the solas prop and the cold air intake and Intake grate they have for it.

Can't wait to get It and get It on the water. All the reviews I read seem great. My first ski was a 89 waverunner and my ski I had last year was a 99 stx1100 so this will be my first brand new ski!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how was the dealer on pricing? et all??
Right on MSRP.

It was $4999 plus $200 for the convince package. I had to pay $365 for freight charge and $165 for a dealer conveyance fee. About $400 for taxes $40 for registration for trailer and ski and I paid $750 for a brand new aluminum trailer. OTD was around $6900. I can get exact numbers and break down when I get out of work.

And it's already there. Had it in stock. Just need to pull it out the crate and get it ready. I think they only have one 3up bubblegum left available but said they had more on the way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Right on MSRP.

It was $4999 plus $200 for the convince package. I had to pay $365 for freight charge and $165 for a dealer conveyance fee. About $400 for taxes $40 for registration for trailer and ski and I paid $750 for a brand new aluminum trailer. OTD was around $6900. I can get exact numbers and break down when I get out of work.

And it's already there. Had it in stock. Just need to pull it out the crate and get it ready. I think they only have one 3up bubblegum left available but said they had more on the way.

$750 for a trailer seems quite good...."par" for the Spark as I've asked around...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$750 for a trailer seems quite good...."par" for the Spark as I've asked around...
Yeah I was going to hold off and borrow a friends trailer until I found a used one but looking at it I figured it was worth it. Specially for the light aluminum trailer. It's a triton so should be good quality I'd assume. They normally sell for around $850-900 but he said if it buy the trailer from him with the ski he'd sell it for $750.

As far as the ski I don't feel I got a "deal" but I also don't feel it was a bad deal or got robbed. I wasn't expecting them to bargain on a brand new ski especially at its price point and specially one that is practically sold out everywhere so I didn't really try since I was comfortable with the price.

Buying the ski and trailer he cut me a "deal" on registration. If I got just the ski would have charged me $200 which I feel is absurd but I'm happy with the $40. Saves me a ton of time.

They also did not try to make me pay assembly fees like I've seen other people claim or doc fees on top of registration fees and so on. They also were willing to sell me the extended warranty that they get 10% commission on but give back the 10% to me but I passed anyways.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm in Connecticut also.I have the 3up HO. Toying with the tune but not sure how much bang for the buck I would get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Connecticut also.I have the 3up HO. Toying with the tune but not sure how much bang for the buck I would get.
I've actually been toying with the idea to help people out load the tune for a small fee versus them having to buy their own maptuner which can be an expensive purchase. But first I want to load it on my ski and go through the process so I'm comfortably with it. I have a 2010 camaro which I've installed a remote tune on and it's pretty much the same procedure so shouldn't be to hard. So keep me in mind if you don't want to spend the $389 for the maptuner.

And just curious where do you ride? I don't know to many good places to ride and round here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I live on Long Island Sound . Limitless opportunity only dependent on weather. Any concern
About effect on Warranty with tune?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Connecticut River is my favorite place, Plenty of launches and it does not get anywhere near as choppy as a lake with 20 people towing tubers around and around.
Also you can find spots that aren,t to busy and land on many little islands for lunch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Connecticut River is my favorite place, Plenty of launches and it does not get anywhere near as choppy as a lake with 20 people towing tubers around and around.
Also you can find spots that aren,t to busy and land on many little islands for lunch!
I keep my ski at my buddies house since I don't have the space and I only ever go out with him anyways and he lives in Enfield and we go out on the river by him. He has a shuttle craft we anchor right next to six flags and just ride around there. Only downfall is there's no place for gas or to dock and hang out of that source. Any areas on the river better then others or is it all typically the same? We're thinking about launching near the end of the river by the sound and ride around there a little this year

·
Registered
227 Posts
Essex to Saybrook is good. Lots of facilities available. I would not be afraid of the Sound as long as you pick your weather. The entrance from the river in Saybrook deserves caution in heavy boat traffic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts