SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow spark owners! Bought my licorice 2 up last week and it exceeded my expectations. Such a great bang for the buck.
Little bit of bad news however...
I already wrecked it! Not a newb to jet skis but a newb to the brake system on my ski. I was braking under a bridge for no other reason than, I have a brake on a freakin jet ski and I want to use it. Well at the end of my deceleration it turned right and bounced off of the bridge pylon. Also learned that I couldn't gas it and turn away because there is a significant delay from when the brake scoop is down and when it will allow throttle input. Luckily I hit at a shallow angle and at maybe 10 mph. Sounded worse than it was. Blew up the front bumper and broke off the right sponson. No damage or scratches to the hull or any other pieces. Good news is if anyone was wondering, pieces for this thing are cheap and easy to replace.

Obviously it was an accident and kinda bummed I had to buy new parts already. ($100 total) but still a great toy!

Can anyone explain why my spark would turn as it was mostly slowed down? Is it normal to have a significant delay from braking going back into the throttle? I gased it and nothing happened.

Not a great first impression I know. This was not meant to bash on the Spark (I physically did that already lol). It shows that this thing is durable and if need be, parts are only a few screws, cheap plastic and it is like nothing happened.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome to the forum footnfool!

Glad that your ok. Sucks that it happend but at least for the fix it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I am so glad the parts are cheap, I have already priced out some of the colored pieces because I scuffed some of mine up on the dock.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depending on how fast you are going, when you brake it does tend to turn. Play around with it in open water to get used to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll chalk it up to "insta karma" because I was trying to wet down the walkway on the bridge with the brake jet of water. I was going 40mph ish then braked as hard as I could. My concern is that there was such a huge delay. It is not like a car or motorcycle that you can brake then give throttle input instantly. Im guessing the computer has to think about it and it takes time for the brake scoop to change position.

To answer the question, I got the 90 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts