SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Found your forum while doing some searches for maintenance service information to my 2 almost new Sparks.

From reading posts on this site I came to the conclusion the Sparks don't have air filters, which really didn't surprise me, snowmobiles don't generally have them either, but thanks for that information, it saves me tearing it apart any further.
What did surprise me was people modifying their air boxes and adding a K&N style filters in place of the stock air box. You guys who pursue that solution really need to think outside the box, so as to speak. Some people suggested air filtration wasn't needed because it's a sealed unit :/ umm, internal combustion engines can't operate in a sealed box, that's why there are 2 plastic flex pipes up near the handlebars where the air comes in. Some people expressed a desire to add air filtration to the engine, and that's pretty much the point where I came in. I want to prevent the possibility of mice from getting in during winter storage.

So here's the thing! If you guys want air filtration, and I want to keep the rodents out, why would we not just add a couple of air filters to the 2 existing air intake hoses? This would not only keep everything inside the engine very clean (including the air going through the engine) but it will also be less restrictive then putting some bodged up air filter on the air intake. Plus it will not require you to modify your airbox thereby increasing the induction noise that part was cleverly designed to dampen.
oh ya, & it will also keep the mice out of the boat!

If I come up with a tidy solution to make this work, I'll post the details up in the tech section for you all.
However, I won't be making up any stickers to promote the modification :rolleyes:

Later :D

I'm a motorcycle fanatic by the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mouse barrier screens are in place, was super easy. Still to go is sourcing air filters.

Currently looking into Uni foam air filter sock in the 3 inch size so that it will fit on the lower ends of the existing breather hoses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts