SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2015 Spark bought just a week ago (Early June 2015).
2up, 900 HO, Yellow, Convenience Package, IBR, VTS

I have about 7 hours on it so far and it's an awesome machine. It's my first 4 stroke ski and I absolutely love it!

Been riding 2 strokes (97 GSX and 96 SPX) for a while and they are just no comparison. The Spark is so light and nimble but still plenty stable. The Spark easy to ride, starts right up, no more oily smoke cloud and no more fiddling with carburetors!
The responsiveness the 4 stroke was very surprising.

Can't wait to ride some more.
I mostly go out on the St. Johns River or New Smyrna Beach / Ponce Inlet.
Been riding PWC's regularly for about 3.5 years now.

If you're in the area, feel free to PM me if you want to ride together sometime.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm a new member in Central Florida as well. I just got my Orange 3up about 3 weeks ago and loving it. I used to ride 2 strokes, had a 96XP which I loved, but got out of the sport after a few years. This Spark is exactly what I was looking for!

My wife and I just rode up the St John's this past Saturday, from Sanford up to Silver Glen and back. I learned my lesson on the extensive slow zone around Blue Springs and will drop in at Ed Stone next time. Most of the time we are on the lakes in Orlando, but Ponce Inlet is on the list of places for us to check out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was out on the St. Johns and Lake Monroe yesterday morning!
I've never actually gone all the way through the Blue Springs slow zone. It's just feels so far from the South end of it to Blue Springs - the rest of the zone looks even longer on the map.
Is the river still 25MPH north of Blue Springs?

I'm planning on going out again this weekend for sure.
Typically, I won't go out of Ponce unless I have some company. Going out in the Atlantic Ocean alone is a bit too risky for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That slow zone goes all the way up to Lake Beresford, and keeps going. Do yourself a favor, avoid it! Once you get up to SR 44, its 30 mph all the way to Astor. Well worth trailering to 44 vs idling all the way up that stretch of river, especially in this heat! There are a lot of gators in this area, so you can't go for a swim to cool off, and becomes torture just baking in the sun going 4-5 mph for about an hr. Saw a 12 footer about 50 yards in front of us crossing the river...

I don't do surf rides solo either. I've needed tows back to shore in the past and don't want to think about what would happen if no one was around to help in that situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts