SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently got a new 2016 Spark 2 up HO and have been on the lake 4 times so far for a total of about 10 hours. The first couple of trips the ski seemed to handle well. On the third trip out over memorial day weekend I was approaching a potential beaching area, I approached in idle looking for the bottom when all of a sudden I heard some debris get picked up so I immediately shut power and jumped in the water and pushed the ski back into deeper water. I waited a bit and turned it back on and slowly gave it some gas, I felt it clear what seemed like some sand, it had a moment of cavitation and I released the throttle. I accelerated again and had no more issues for the rest of the day.

That brings me to day 4 a few days ago. It seems every time I try to accelerate with some punch It cavitates, I need to slowly speed up to at least get up to 25 mph before I get give it some more throttle. I also noticed when doing some simple 180s and trying to accelerate in the slightest to hit the small wave I produced it cavitates again. Im 100% sure it didn't do this the first few days. It seemed fine every time a slowly accelerated so after awhile I headed back home. Once in the garage I got under it and looked in the back for any impeller damage or debris to which I did not see much other than some paint scratches on the impeller.

Any ideas what could be causing this or what I should look more closely at?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the wear ring.

I tell you this, sounding like an experienced person, however, I have no idea what said wear ring should look like whilst checking it. haha. I presume however there should be very little clearance between the blades of the impeller and the inside of the ring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you are correct, i was assuming that might be the issue too after reading about the past issues. But most of those issues made it so you could not accelerate at all, i can get up to max speed still. But upon further inspection getting home i see a two inch triangle piece missing when viewing from the back.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi All,

I recently got a new 2016 Spark 2 up HO and have been on the lake 4 times so far for a total of about 10 hours. The first couple of trips the ski seemed to handle well. On the third trip out over memorial day weekend I was approaching a potential beaching area, I approached in idle looking for the bottom when all of a sudden I heard some debris get picked up so I immediately shut power and jumped in the water and pushed the ski back into deeper water. I waited a bit and turned it back on and slowly gave it some gas, I felt it clear what seemed like some sand, it had a moment of cavitation and I released the throttle. I accelerated again and had no more issues for the rest of the day.

That brings me to day 4 a few days ago. It seems every time I try to accelerate with some punch It cavitates, I need to slowly speed up to at least get up to 25 mph before I get give it some more throttle. I also noticed when doing some simple 180s and trying to accelerate in the slightest to hit the small wave I produced it cavitates again. Im 100% sure it didn't do this the first few days. It seemed fine every time a slowly accelerated so after awhile I headed back home. Once in the garage I got under it and looked in the back for any impeller damage or debris to which I did not see much other than some paint scratches on the impeller.

i see impeller was verified but nothing about wear ring, have you check too much spacing cause loss of thrust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi All,

I experience this myself. No physical damage that I can see. Mine happen at about 5 hrs on it but it was only a 1 time occurrence and has not happened since. I only have about 13 hrs now and running great. This has happened to other riders also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.