SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Let me say this I have been lurking this forum for a while to help me figure what spark I want. After one week of reading threads by y'all, I finally made my decision. Thank you! Tomorrow my wife and I will be picking up our first PWC ever. It's a 2016 spark 3up with ibr and conv package. We basically said let's just get it fully loaded so we won't have to add anything to it besides enjoying it. Now this is our first PWC, I'm wondering if I can take it to the lake right after I pick it up? Any tips on how to maintain this toy? Anything that I should buy to up keep this toy? Remember I'm a noob at this but have been on jetskis for a while now and know how they work. Just don't know how to maintain one. Lol! Thank you all and looking forward to enjoying this toy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My advice is to BUY the extended warranty...I got the 5 year warranty with ZERO Deductible...I like the security of knowing that my new 2015 Spark will be fixed for free for years to come!!!!!!!

Oh yeah......Congrats on your new toy.... :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
My only stop after the dealer was the gas station ... then straight to the lake! Within 20 minutes of signing the papers I had it on the water.

Start with the green key until you figure out the reverse and handling and everything. I'd say every new rider should get 20 to 30 minutes on the green key before they graduate. This keeps the speed and acceleration down.

It also doesn't hurt to read the instructions or watch the informational DVD. The owner's manual is in a bag tucked under the seat cushion. Take the seat off, turn it over, and you'll see the end of the bag. Read the break in process.

As for maintenance, in fresh water there's not a lot to do. In salt water, you want to rinse everything off with fresh water.

The cooling system on these is closed, so there's not an engine flush that you have to do. But there is a flush that you do for the impeller and drive system for salt water. Maybe some of the salt people can give you more pointers.

The only thing you may look at adding to a fully decked out model is the VTS (which is always an add-on and only on those with iBR). This controls the angle of the nozzle and has the effect of raising or lowering the front while you are running. Run it up for speed, and down for stability.

... and most importantly, WHAT COLOR DID YOU GET???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only stop after the dealer was the gas station ... then straight to the lake! Within 20 minutes of signing the papers I had it on the water.

Start with the green key until you figure out the reverse and handling and everything. I'd say every new rider should get 20 to 30 minutes on the green key before they graduate. This keeps the speed and acceleration down.

It also doesn't hurt to read the instructions or watch the informational DVD. The owner's manual is in a bag tucked under the seat cushion. Take the seat off, turn it over, and you'll see the end of the bag. Read the break in process.

As for maintenance, in fresh water there's not a lot to do. In salt water, you want to rinse everything off with fresh water.

The cooling system on these is closed, so there's not an engine flush that you have to do. But there is a flush that you do for the impeller and drive system for salt water. Maybe some of the salt people can give you more pointers.

The only thing you may look at adding to a fully decked out model is the VTS (which is always an add-on and only on those with iBR). This controls the angle of the nozzle and has the effect of raising or lowering the front while you are running. Run it up for speed, and down for stability.

... and most importantly, WHAT COLOR DID YOU GET???

Thank you for your input. I took it to the lake right after I signed the paper lol! 30 mins later and yellow key in. I was on the water. This isn't my first time riding but it was quick for me to get used to. Reverse was great! Thank goodness I got ibr package. Also I got it in blueberry because I let my wife choose it. Planning a trip again this weekend to the lake. So far only have 1hr on it. ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.