SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am buying a new 2017 SPARK 3up 900 HO ACE. I live at 5200 ft in Denver but I have a house in Nebraska at Lake MAc at 3200 ft. The dealer in Denver wants to do a high altitude prop swap , a feature that Sea Doo will give them a new prop and I turn in my old prop. I am going to go with a stainless wear ring for sure, , so I have 2 general questions. I am a bigger guy and I dont need to outrun everyone on the water, just good hook up and fun.

1: If I stay with a stock prop do I want the Sea Doo High Altitude Prop installed for running it at 3200 ft? I believe the stock prop is sea doo PN 267000584 (13-20 pitch) and the HA prop is PN 267000772 but I cant find the pitch on the HA anywhere. One Denver dealer says over 3ooo ft, one says over 5000 ft, so that leaves me in the dust.

2: If I get a Skat or Solas prop, what pitch do I want? I see the Solas is on 13/21 or 16/24 or 17/25 pitch options.

I am an old 2 stroke guy, and I put a 750 in a X2 and I have a 750 in a TS, both run a Skat Swirl 17/22 and are sweet, but thats another type of animal. I have several Polaris Virage 720 2 strokes and they are all stock, but Polaris did a stainless prop stock, and they hit 50 mph no problem all day long.

Thanks in advance, and glad to part of this group.

·
Registered
45 Posts
David,
My first ski was an X2...great ski. I do not know about the high altitude prop, but if I were a betting man, it would likely have less pitch than the stock prop. I say this because the motor is not going to make as much power at altitude and will need less pitch to make power/build rpm. I am told that the stock impellers are approx. 16 pitch (I have a 17 Trixx). I just pulled it yesterday and installed a Skat-Trak 12-14 to go with my recent 110hp tune. Yes, I went less pitch...it allows my motor to build more RPM's and make more power. Instead of 7900ish rpms, I'll be in the 8300 RPM range with more bottom and mid range. In closing, I recommend calling IMPROS...they will help you...great customer service!

Marshall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts