SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks and 12h behind with my Spark 2up 60hp base Orange Crush. I think this was one of the last ones delivered to Finland this summer. So I was a bit lucky. No problems yet ;) Have been also towing a tube and water skis, runs nicely. (Just driver onboard though, not that strict rules here for towing...)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
JohnSWE said:
Nice, do you know how the sales been going in Finland? Here in Sweden they've been going well what i've heard. Yet i've seen about 5 other Spark-owners in my waters.
I think this has been sales success also here. About six weeks ago I decided to get one but many dealers around Finland told me they have all sold out. Luckily my local dealer managed to get two more but I had to wait three more weeks. I don't know how limited the delivered amount has been but for sure the dealers would have sell much more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome!
have you owned any skii's in the past or what?
welcome!
Thanks, no ski before.

Wow Finland. Trying to imagine the full on suit you have to wear just to go riding. Is it a cold ride?
It has been very warm July here this year, luckily. Like yesterday we had 27C and same continues today. So day time has been nice. This is a bit unusual and can't last too long. Already at evenings full speed driving feels so chilly that I've been using long sleeve wetsuit.

Glad to see more spark owners from other places. Is the water really that cold out there?
Mid summer time is pretty ok. Common water temperature is about 20C, usually a bit less. Now it has been warm so yesterday the water was 23C. For native fins that feels really warm :D

In three months or so ice is covering all the water :eek:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Welcome to the forum, 12hours is some good time to have put into your spark.
Don't forget to post some pictures of it.

Have you started looking into doing modifications?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you started looking into doing modifications?
Not really, just got front storage bin installed two days ago :). Perhaps vtech tune or similar some day but not this summer. It has 24 months warranty here so I don't know if I'm willing to do tune before warranty is over.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not really, just got front storage bin installed two days ago :). Perhaps vtech tune or similar some day but not this summer. It has 24 months warranty here so I don't know if I'm willing to do tune before warranty is over.

Hi, the tune is 110% safe. If a enginefailure would have occur you could restore it before the dealer gets it. They won't notice. However if something like that would have happened with the tune it's due to something else, like i said it's 110% safe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, the tune is 110% safe. If a enginefailure would have occur you could restore it before the dealer gets it. They won't notice. However if something like that would have happened with the tune it's due to something else, like i said it's 110% safe.
Yes, I know it's safe but still against warranty terms. Also knew the restore option. And because I know how 'silly' dealers (or BRP) can be that would be the way to go. Always reset to factory setup if needs a visit to dealer.

JohnSWE, are you someway close to vtech?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I know it's safe but still against warranty terms. Also knew the restore option. And because I know how 'silly' dealers (or BRP) can be that would be the way to go. Always reset to factory setup if needs a visit to dealer.

JohnSWE, are you someway close to vtech?

Here in Sweden the dealers themself offer the Spark tuned. And that's authorized BRP dealers. I wonder if BRP dislikes that business.

I've had som contact with Jonatan at Vtech, that's pretty much it. They are good guys... They have their shop in Södertälje which is about one and a half hour outside of Stockholm with the car...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts