SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

So for the past three weeks I have been researching and looking around dealerships for a new Spark. I've found one at a local shop but it's not exactly what I want plus their asking 700 over MSRP. Just about every dealer that I've called has told me the same thing..."These Sparks are selling fast...what ever we had and sold is it.... we'll no longer be getting them in stock because the manufacture is no longer producing them this year...."

Is this true?! Seems a bit hard to believe for a manufacture to stop making something when the demand is there? Specially when summer hasn't even started.

I really don't want to rush into something and get it because its the only one left... I'd rather wait and get something that I want... I just hope the stories these dealers have been telling me about production being halted isn't true. I'd hate to have to wait till next year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello Everyone,

So for the past three weeks I have been researching and looking around dealerships for a new Spark. I've found one at a local shop but it's not exactly what I want plus their asking 700 over MSRP. Just about every dealer that I've called has told me the same thing..."These Sparks are selling fast...what ever we had and sold is it.... we'll no longer be getting them in stock because the manufacture is no longer producing them this year...."

Is this true?! Seems a bit hard to believe for a manufacture to stop making something when the demand is there? Specially when summer hasn't even started.

I really don't want to rush into something and get it because its the only one left... I'd rather wait and get something that I want... I just hope the stories these dealers have been telling me about production being halted isn't true. I'd hate to have to wait till next year.
I jumped in with both feet! Buying my 2nd tomorrow and paid full-bore for both. I think it is likely true that they will limit production because they want to see how the current crop performs 'in the field'. It's a brand-new product and it makes little sense for BRP to produce a boat-load (pun intended), until they see the results from the initial run. That said, give them a call and ask...

I can tell you that with 7 hours on my first one, I really like it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
PWC's are made in the winter for next years sales. They make sleds in the summer. It will be a few months before 2015 production starts. So if you cant find one your SOL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
PWC's are made in the winter for next years sales. They make sleds in the summer. It will be a few months before 2015 production starts. So if you cant find one your SOL.
My dealership told me that BRP only makes so many of each of their product and then they shift to the next. They had a board in the showroom showing what PWC were already sold out. Half of the models being offered were already gone.

So in May I was pretty lucky to get the two I wanted. Mine were two of six that were bought and left that day. I feel sorry for the people who will look for them this summer and find none to be had. The cheap price is what made them go so quick I think. I never would have paid $11k for ONE GTS.

It's not like the auto industry where used means cheap. BRP models are limited in number each year and hold their value pretty well....though not in trade-in back to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
From what I have read, Seadoo only wants to produce X amount of sparks per year, for two reasons.

One profit margin is lower on the spark due to low cost.
Two if they sell a ton of the sparks, then nobody would be buying the expensive models like Wake, etc.

They are controlling how many they produce and sell. I also read that they will distribute based on how many Big skis the dealership sold the previous year.

So say dealer one sales 30 of the big expensive skis, they might be allowed 5 sparks next year and dealer two sales 10 big skis, they might be allowed 2 sparks the following year.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do we know if the 2015 Sparks will get any updates or changes? Or will they be exactly the same, just built in a different year? If there is absolutely no difference between the 2014 and 2015 models then it doesn't really seem like there is much harm in having to wait for the 2015 model, and you'd also assume that the 2015 model would make improvements anyways. SO other than having to wait, getting a 2015 model doesn't seem so bad.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do we know if the 2015 Sparks will get any updates or changes? Or will they be exactly the same, just built in a different year? If there is absolutely no difference between the 2014 and 2015 models then it doesn't really seem like there is much harm in having to wait for the 2015 model, and you'd also assume that the 2015 model would make improvements anyways. SO other than having to wait, getting a 2015 model doesn't seem so bad.
http://www.seadoospark.org/forum/sea-doo-spark-general-discussion/3394-my-crystal-ball-2015-sparks.html

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Doesn't seem like we will find out what they will actually do till they announce it or when ever they release the spec list.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My sales guy said the 2015's will be hitting the dealership in November of 2014. He said they are forecasted to start at $1,000 more than the base price was this year but no idea if there will be any updates or changes to it. It may just be inflation due to it being a newer model and demand. Seadoo grossly underestimated just how fast these would fly out of the dealerships and didn't make near enough of the 2014's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts