SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a funny thing (not really funny) happened today. My 2 new 3up Sparks hit their 10 hour mark so I decided to change the oil/filters.

The first one went off without a hitch. When it came time to add oil to the second ski, my wife asked if she could pour the oil in. While I was distracted with something else, I said sure babe, go for it. Bad decision...

Bless her woman heart, she put the funnel inside the opening and poured the oil in. I went to check the level via the dips tick and it was bone dry. I knew immediately what happened...

She put the funnel inside the opening alright, but did not put it in the actual oil spout hole. So our poor new Spark's hull was filled with 2 quarts of oil. FML.

So we took off the top deck and I did my best to siphon the oil out of the bottom of the hull. Then washed it out with dish soap and water. Inevitably, there is still some residual oil in the bottom under the engine, etc.

I think I got most of it out, but is there anything else I can do? Should I be too worried about it? Needless to say we both learned a lesson today.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't worry about it will just give the engine more corrosion protection.

If you want it out just add some soapie water in the haul and go for a run the bulge will suck it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.