SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Seadoo Trixx that I winterized last year and then used it all summer without any problems. Yesterday I used it and then went to winterize it today. The dip stick barely read oil on the tip. I extracted a tiny bit of oil and some from the filter housing.

I believe I extracted 2 courts a year ago and forgot to put oil back in. I have the 90 hp engine. The oil was clean.

I think the system holds about 5 quarts and I ran the season with 3 quarts. I’m thinking the machine can safely (yet not advisable) run on 3 quarts. I assume this because I have evidence that no oil was burned and the check engine light never came on. The machine ran great. The extra 2 quarts is so 40 percent of the oil is changed at oil change time.

Do you think my hypothesis could be correct or am I telling myself a story?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I mean generally you should never run to much or to little oil in an engine for obvious reasons.. But in your case whats done is done and it seems to have survived.. not much you could do about it now, this could potentially lead to earlier engine damage in the long run..

Just change "all" the engine oil & filter and try not to think about, and hope for the best!

/Best Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts