SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two 3up 2014 Sparks, one has 12 hours and the other 16 hours (all rode on Lake Erie up here in Northern Ohio). Ski's have run like champs till now. I had them out for the first time this year (got a 32' Wellcraft that I have been restoring that has been taking out alot of my time) and when I took out the first one (with 16 hours) it ran good for the first 5-10 mins and than beeped 2 and the check engine display came on and it bogged down and you could hit the throttle but no response it just sat in idle than a few seconds later it died. Took the key out waited a second attached it again and it fired right up like nothing was wrong. 5-10 mins later the same thing happened, detached the key for a second and same thing fired right back up. So I took it back in and grabbed the other one. Got the other one going and rode it for atleast an hour with no issues what so ever. After that hour it started doing the same thing, beeped twice and wouldn't take from the throttle and shut off. Was trying to limp back on but on the third try of resetting it wouldn't even turn back over or anything, just flat dead.

Anyone else have a similar issue? What was the fix? My gameplan was to get the top off and replace the spark plugs (it is two years old and they technically need to be replaced).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Since the same thing has happened to both machines on the first time out Id go straight to a fuel issue with bad gas and check for clogged fuel filters(fuel pressure) and fouled plugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still can't figure out what was wrong with the white one, it starts and runs fine in the garage, check all of the connections, fuel looks and smells good, fuel filter looked good, spark plugs look used but not bad (replaced them anyway), the battery cable was a touch loose so I tighten that as well and am going to take it out over the weekend to make sure she still runs good.

Even worse news on the pink one, I took it up to the dealer because it was in limp mode and it needs to be cleared. I take it up there and they claim they can't even read the ECU. They said at the very least it probably needs reprogrammed and it may even be completely fried. They said they had to call Sea Doo to see what to do. Any one else know of any issues with the ECU on these things, I have had the ski for 2 years and it only has 12 hours on it. I can't imagine what would have caused the ECU to fry. Any suggestions on how to deal with them and Sea Doo if they want to try and stick me for a new ECU?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Still can't figure out what was wrong with the white one, it starts and runs fine in the garage, check all of the connections, fuel looks and smells good, fuel filter looked good, spark plugs look used but not bad (replaced them anyway), the battery cable was a touch loose so I tighten that as well and am going to take it out over the weekend to make sure she still runs good.

Even worse news on the pink one, I took it up to the dealer because it was in limp mode and it needs to be cleared. I take it up there and they claim they can't even read the ECU. They said at the very least it probably needs reprogrammed and it may even be completely fried. They said they had to call Sea Doo to see what to do. Any one else know of any issues with the ECU on these things, I have had the ski for 2 years and it only has 12 hours on it. I can't imagine what would have caused the ECU to fry. Any suggestions on how to deal with them and Sea Doo if they want to try and stick me for a new ECU?
Were you running a fuel stablilizer in your fuel? My sport bike is good for about 30-45 days without one. Fuel these days is garbage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.